UKC

Public transportable bouldering near manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dunnyg 12 Sep 2014
Any decent bouldering venues that are reasonably easy to get public transport to? Any other crags? Have allready scoped out windgather, castle naze, new mills, wilton.

cheers
 The New NickB 12 Sep 2014
In reply to dunnyg:

Brownstones is an obvious choice, not sure what the public transport is like though.

Blackstone Edge.
 Hephaestus 12 Sep 2014
In reply to dunnyg:
Train to Greenfield and a walk/bus ride up to the Chew Valley?
The big traverse at... erm... quarry near Mottram...
Jim
 TimB 12 Sep 2014
In reply to dunnyg:

Train to Grindleford, walk to Burbage valley?
Removed User 12 Sep 2014
In reply to dunnyg:

Train to hathersage, bus towards sheffield and you've got stanage/surrounding areas all within walking distance.
 Pekkie 12 Sep 2014
In reply to dunnyg:

Sorry, from the title of your post I thought you meant transporting boulders by public transport. That would be interesting...
 The New NickB 12 Sep 2014
In reply to dunnyg:

It is definitely worth a trip up to Blackstone Edge, train to Littleborough, then walk or get the bus.
OP dunnyg 12 Sep 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

cheers for the suggestions. Might wait for cooler temps before blackstone. Only routed up there before but I remember seeing some videos of some good bouldering up there though. Not sure if brownstones is reasonable by public transport, but I will take a look.

Looking for places I can get shortish hits on. There are plenty of places that are a 2 hour + round trip (eastern grit, most of chew valley etc.) which will be good for day trips. I guess new mills is the nearest!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...