UKC

Argentina (EL Chalten) Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 diddler 14 Sep 2014
Hey,

Just looking for a bit of info on the patagonia area of argentina, around el chalten.

I will be here for a week with the missus so will be doing plenty of hiking, but nothing too serious unfortunately.

So I was hoping to get a bit of a climbing fix bouldering as I hear there are a few knocking about. Is there a website/any info anyone could give me regarding this area.

Also any recommendations for day or 2 day hikes would be awesome.

Cheers.
 mugglewump 15 Sep 2014
In reply to diddler:
Fantastic place! Fingers crossed the weather is good for you. The hiking there is fantastic and the trails are well maintained. The best trails start at the bottom end of the town and a local map which you can pick up one you are there will give you many options. My girl friend and I did a nice two day hike which on day one lead us up to a nice lake with a good view up to Fitzroy ( good camp spot belw the steep climb to the lake) the next day was across to the next valley up to another lake which gives great views of cerro torre. Climbing wise I did nothing in the high mountains but soled a large route on the cliffs that over look the town. I had no info on grades etc but there is plenty of rock to be climbed I seem to remember passing some bolts so it must be documented somewhere. There is some bouldering in el chalten with good landings the boulders are quite obvious to find and should keep you interested. Hope this helps in some way. Enjoy
OP diddler 15 Sep 2014
In reply to mugglewump:

Hey, Thanks for the info. I too hope weather will be okay. Think i'll be happy playing around on the boulders.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...