UKC

Super Lightweight waterproof for backpacking in Asia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi guys, I am heading off back packing around south East Asia for a few months and I'm after a reliable lightweight waterproof that would preferably pack into it's self. If anyone has any recommendations that would be fantastic!!
 JayPee630 17 Sep 2014
In reply to Connor Dickinson:

Just take a cheap PacaMac. Really wouldn't bother with anything better.
 Guy 17 Sep 2014

Fast drying clothes and an umbrella. It will keep the worst off, you won't boil in the bag and it will keep the sun off as a bonus.
 kingborris 17 Sep 2014
In reply to Guy:

> Fast drying clothes and an umbrella. It will keep the worst off, you won't boil in the bag and it will keep the sun off as a bonus.

This.

At 35C and 90% humidity you'll be soggy whether its raining or not.
 IPPurewater 17 Sep 2014

A poncho as it lets the air circulate around you and covers a back pack. The plastic variety are available locally and very cheap, but might not last too long.
 Kai 17 Sep 2014

I really like the Montane Minimus Smock. Light, small, comes with a light mesh stuff sack.

Patagonia Alpine Houdini also works well and folds into its own pocket.
 Brendan H 17 Sep 2014

I second the poncho idea, always worked well for us over there. It's 100% waterproof! light, cheep and keeps the bottom half dryer than a jacket especially when on motorbike taxis etc.

Plenty of cheep options available there but we took some (also cheep) more robust ones with us last time.
valjean 17 Sep 2014

poncho

buy a plastic bag poncho there if you are not going during rain season. you'll only end up using it a few times

if it is rain season, indulge in a more expensive poncho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...