UKC

Campervan hire - Australia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 18 Sep 2014

Hi,

Looking to hire a campervan for a 7 night trip from Sydney to Brisbane, for 2 adults and a baby in November.

Can anyone recommend a hire company? We're looking at Britz and Maui via an agent, but I'm sure there are others.

Thanks in advance,

Scout

PS: Campsite recommendations and fees also welcome
Post edited at 21:42
 Uluru 18 Sep 2014
In reply to LastBoyScout:

We went from Sydney to Cairns in 2012 and used Cheapa Campers. They were really good and take one way bookings. Located next to the Kingsford Smith Airport in Sydney.
Graeme G 18 Sep 2014

Britz and a few others are all the same company. The vans are graded and named according to luxury.

We used Britz for a 4 week trip and they were great. Picked up in Sydney and dropped in Adelaide with no problems.
 Bobling 19 Sep 2014

Tried a few and the best van we had was a Britz, well equipped, nice to drive, generally all straight forward. I'm sure you can find a better deal out there but I remember hiring one from Juicy rentals that was so underpowered/knackered out you had to keep the accelerator on to maintain speed going downhill.

If you have a more elastic budget I'd go Britz or Maui for convenience and size of company - if you get any trouble I'd guess they'll sort it out pretty quickly (another one we had the leisure battery died on us - had to spend an afternoon at an auto shop replacing it which was a drag).

I really enjoyed our stop at Myall Lakes national park (north of Newcastle) - we went canoeing up a big old river, which was a welcome change from bush-walking. Good times, but looking at the map now I could not tell you exactly where the hell we went!
OP LastBoyScout 19 Sep 2014
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

> Britz and a few others are all the same company. The vans are graded and named according to luxury.

Guessed as much when the enquiry forms were pretty much identical format and remembered what I'd put into the other sites.
Graeme G 19 Sep 2014

Advantage...although a gamble is you may get upgraded at pick up depending on what they have available.
Davinder 02 Oct 2014
In reply to Bobling:

Nice Post !
 Kate Ewen 02 Oct 2014

Envy about your trip Cant offer advice about rentals but can suggest:
- THE BLUE MOUNTAINS: Only an hr West of Sydney and some amazing trad and sport climbing, bush-walking etc. Katoomba is touristy but Blackheath is charming. A special spot in Oz, I learned to climb there. Try the Dam Cliffs, and Centennial Glen (and and and)
- THE CENTRAL COAST: eg The Entrance or Terrigal (if you want crowds), or Blue Lagoon for a quiet beach feel (my home town). Only 2 hrs North of Sydney. Small group of dedicated Central Coast climbers can be found if you're keen.
- Newcastle, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour: All nice big towns with a small town feel about them. All with lovely beaches.
- BYRON BAY: Most Eastern point of Oz, and one of the special places in my country. Recommend watching the sun rise over the ocean and the dolphins surf the waves from the lighthouse.
- TWEED VALLEY: Another beautiful spot, full of bush walks etc. Mt Warning for sun rise is also beautiful (if its not cloudy!).
Enjoy my country

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...