UKC

Video of Mount Khüiten, Altai Tavan Bogd Mountains, Mongolia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark123 22 Sep 2014
Here's a link to my 5 minute video of the Altai Tavan Bogd Mountains in NW Mongolia, including our ascent of Mount Khüiten, which we climbed earlier this month.

youtube.com/watch?v=rzMUAuw9KLs&

My video skills are still at duffer level - but hopefully this will give anyone interested in Mongolia an overview of a fascinating country and culture.

Roberttaylor 22 Sep 2014
In reply to Mark123:

I enjoyed that, cheers.
 Simon4 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Mark123:

Nice effort!

Fantastic sense of vast spaces and light, really gives a sense of such a remote place.
OP Mark123 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Simon4:

Thanks to both Simon and Robert.
 Batcloud 23 Sep 2014
In reply to Mark123:

Excellent, brought back some happy memories although the storm we endured high up on Khuiten still gives me the shivers!
 Simon4 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Mark123:

I liked the inclusion of the start shots of cattle herding, the earth hills, the kids waving and the camels crossing terrain. Quite often we just try to include "dramatic" mountain pictures, but get little sense of the surrounding country.

Mongolia certainly looks like a strange and very foreign country, with huge spaces.
OP Mark123 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Simon4:

Thanks Simon, all good points. Up to recently I spent many years hardly ever taking photos or film of the lower foothills, wildlife, flowers or people - but instead I only pointed my camera at or from dramatic icy or rocky ridges and summits. But that's only half the story of a mountain trip - whether it be in the UK, the Alps or further flung places. But now I like to remember and ideally record the bigger picture of the experience or the place. I also agree with you about Mongolia - the sense of open space, remoteness and stunning light is very apparent.
OP Mark123 24 Sep 2014
In reply to Batcloud:

Thanks Batcloud. I heard from our Mongolian guide about how ferocious storms can be on Khuiten, particularly Siberian winds from the north. So I was very pleased (relieved!) we had perfect weather for most of the trip (only one day of sleety snow and cool winds on trek up to base camp - the camels didn't like that!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...