UKC

Places to stay with good wifi near Rodellar?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alicia 25 Sep 2014
Anyone know of somewhere to stay near Rodellar that has solid wifi? Not just somewhere that advertises wifi, but somewhere that you've been and know that the connection actually works?

Thanks,
Alicia
 jwi 25 Sep 2014
In reply to alicia:

In the Kalandraka refugio the wifi always worked for me. It is not spotless of course, especially at night when its packed with people, but for answering work e-mails etc it has worked for me. Especially during the day, when the place is mostly deserted.

If you need a lot of bandwidth for uploading movies or large photos I don't know any place in the village that works. Neither the refugio, nor the hotel on the left
OP alicia 25 Sep 2014
In reply to jwi:

Thanks, that's good to know. I need to log in remotely to my work computer--I'm not sure if that takes a lot of bandwidth or not.
 SteveSBlake 25 Sep 2014
In reply to alicia:

The Campsite at Rodellar has cabins and wifi in the bar.....

Steve
OP alicia 25 Sep 2014
In reply to SteveSBlake:

That could work although then I'd have to dig up some willpower not to have a nightly wine with my work...
 jwi 25 Sep 2014
In reply to alicia:

Most of the day you'd be fine logged in to a remote desktop, but not all the time. It depends on how many people are sharing the wifi. All connections are usually faster to download than to upload, and when logging in remotely you are mostly sitting downstream of data
OP alicia 25 Sep 2014
In reply to jwi:

Great, thank you very much! If it's too slow at night I'll just be sure to get a lot of work done during the day on rest days.
 jwi 26 Sep 2014
In reply to alicia:

(Oh and my better half spent a lot of time logged in remotely on her job computer via the wifi at Kalandraka the last time we went there)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...