UKC

tarragona family friendly crag recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tjekel 30 Sep 2014
Hi, posted this before, so trying another time ... looking for childfriendly crags/sectors (some space to play, at least some fives and lower sixes) in the tarragona area. Sadly the guidebook has little information on childfriendliness of a crag. Child is 2 y.

Thanks in advance, thomas
 Hillseeker 30 Sep 2014
In reply to tjekel:

If you like bouldering then La Riba (bouldering) is good and a great place for kids - quite idyllic with a small river, trees and grotto type places. Sorry can't think of any sectors, all seemed to have massive drops off the walkway!
OP tjekel 30 Sep 2014
In reply to toasted:

Thanks ... no, i'm not into bouldering, but this definitely fits with a nice restday.
In reply to tjekel:

There are certainly areas at Margalef -- but its a bit of a trek from Tarragona -- depends on how much you like climbing on pocketed conglomerate.

I also know of some single pitch bolted granite roadside crags that are not far from Poblet - and there's good laybys and some flattish areas down by the stream - however I believe all climbing was been banned in the area at least 10 years ago as the area is what we would know in the UK as an SSSI. It's getting on for 15 years since I climbed there.

From what I remember there's not a lot in the Prades mountains that I would class as particularly small child friendly -- I had a struggle persuading my wife to accompany me to most of the places I visited!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...