UKC

Austrian Alpine Club Ski Tour Training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 simonzxr 03 Oct 2014
I'm interested in hearing of experiences of those who have been on the introductory tour training. Was it worth it and what sort of level did you need to be?

Also looking for others who are thinking about doing the one in February and driving down as it's school half term and the flights are extortionate. Also up for including a week extra to explore.
In reply to simonzxr:

I think you might be in the same position as me. I have done some ski touring in Scotland but I'm not sure if I would be OK for the course with the AAC. If it turns out to be suitable I would certainly be keen on sharing expenses on a car trip down there.
OP simonzxr 06 Oct 2014
In reply to Michael Griffith:

Thanks, I'll try and get a bit more info and get back to you.
 SiWood 06 Oct 2014
In reply to simonzxr:

I know someone who did an AAC ski tour training based at the Heidelberger hut in the Silvretta. They had very limited previous touring experience. If you are a winter or alpine summer climber that would be a good starting point. As with all ski touring courses ability to ski off piste in most types of snow (not necessarily with good style but with minimal effort)is quite important.
Removed User 13 Oct 2014
In reply to simonzxr:

If you want to get into ski touring then check out the Eagle Ski Club. The Eagles is like a mountaineering club for ski touring/mountaineering - there are various intro tours on the programme and grants to help out are also available if you fit the criteria.
 Jerry67 13 Oct 2014
In reply to simonzxr:

I could well be on for the training. Have done some alpine touring, just day trips though. Would only be able to do the half-term week 13-20th Feb.
Jeremy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...