UKC

Nigel Vardy Climber, whereabouts in the Himalayas unknown ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nation1 18 Oct 2014
Hi all I'm a Belper based armature Climber, This morning on BBC radio Derby they reported on climber Nigel Vardy and colleagues with the surname of Glazebrook (sorry if I've got the name wrong) reporting on there unknown whereabouts in the Himalaya. As my partner made me aware of this report I'm not 100% on the exact details. As your all probably aware there has been an incident on or around the Annapurna circuit due to weather condition etc ( see full report on latest news on UKC), so I'm guessing this is the location of there Trekking/Climbing?? Nigel is a born and bread Belper lad who is best known for his epic on mt Mckinley in Alaska in 1999. His book once bitten is a detailed story of this experience. He also does lecture tours explain which tell his life story to date.

Nigel is a very competent Climber and has years of experiences in the high mountains, Our prayers are with Nigel and his colleagues in the Himalayas and we hope for news of their safety and their safe return to the UK.
 upordown 18 Oct 2014
In reply to nation1:

I hope that you have seen this already but he appears to be safe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29672124
OP nation1 18 Oct 2014
In reply to upordown:

I hadn't seen it until I read your reply, good news😀

Thanks again.
In reply to upordown:

Quite brilliant answer - well done.

Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...