UKC

Grand montets opening ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 04 Nov 2014

I ve skied at GM in early December a few times , just wondering if any one remembers skiing there any earlier ? I ve got the idea that even if there's loads of snow they won't open in November but not sure why I think that ? ( trying as usual to have my cake and eat it )
Post edited at 08:02
 Postmanpat 04 Nov 2014
In reply to mike123:

The website says the it will open at weekends in November if conditions permit.

Incidentally, I believe the new lift is scheduled to open this season.
OP mike123 04 Nov 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:
thanks for that, I did look on the website btw but just had my phone and couldn't find owt, negotiations with the management are on going but a long weekend pass as opposed to a mid weeker is probably a no goer. fingers crossed for an early start to the season, whatever.
Post edited at 14:09
rinch 04 Nov 2014
In reply to mike123:

Word is that the new lift won't be open till mid-January so things could be pretty slow getting up there in December. I went past the other day and the bottom station still looks like a building site.
OP mike123 04 Nov 2014
In reply to rinch: hmmmm, anybody know if there will be uplift from the valley in early december ? happy to skin around from the mid station for a couple of days.

rinch 04 Nov 2014
In reply to mike123:

The old big cable car will still be open, just not the new one which replaces the chairlift. So you'll still be able to get up there but you might have to queue a bit. I think the opening is scheduled for December 6th.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...