UKC

Climbers in hereford?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Meddins 09 Nov 2014
Just out of curiosity as I have never come across one ?
 Sam W 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins:

Not many, I'm in Ludlow, only know one other climber here but have heard rumours of others. Waiting for somebody to build a wall that's less than an hours drive away!
OP Meddins 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Sam W:

Well I'm technically in Bromyard so nearest wall is martley, just never come across other climbers locally
Bernard Shakey 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins:

Well my girlfriend lives in Cradley and climbs, she mostly travels to Gloucester for the indoor stuff though
 timjones 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins:

I'm from Tenbury, other climbers do exist but you're not likely to find one on your doorstep in a rural market town.
 Si Witcher 09 Nov 2014
In reply to timjones:

There's a great wall at Stirling Lines, but the entry standards are arduous.
 MtnGeekUK 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Sam W:

Boulder Barn @ Credenhill?

www.Facebook.com/boulderbarn
 climber_medic 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins: There are a few of us about. I live near Worcester and climb in the Wye Valley and elsewhere.

Sam W 09 Nov 2014
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

Hadn't spotted that one opening, great news. Had been thinking that Hereford needed a wall for years, looking forward to checking it out.

Anybody interested in lift sharing from Ludlow area?
 luke glaister 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins:

I live in Hereford. And climb with my best mate. And 3 others. It's great cause there's usually one or more to go with. Would love a proper wall here tho cause the Tuesday nights drive to glocester is a pain in the winter months. Still. It beats the tv soaps with the wife hands down...
Drop us an email if u ever want to come out. More the merrier.
Luke.
 alexm198 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins:

Haha we're all crawling out of the woodwork now!

I live in Kington, so 20 miles or so from Hereford. I make the trip to Llangorse twice a week which is just about doable. It's only 40 mins or so.

On a side note, if anyone ever wants to et out feel free to PM me. I have rack, rope, transport, questionable chat etc.
robapplegate 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Sam W:

Maybe if we all walked around Ludlow in our climbing gear we'd be able to spot each other more easily. I can name half a dozen of us in the area, at least 4 in town itself.
Yes I'm interested in Lift share (just found out about it today myself).
 climber_medic 10 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins:

I'm keen to get out as much as I can after a prolonged spell away due to kids so if any of you are keen then drop me an email. Have rack etc and transport!

Regards

Sam W 11 Nov 2014
In reply to robapplegate:

Hi Rob,

Have sent you an email.

Sam.
 Michael Hood 11 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins: Sounds like all you guys in the Hereford area need the new mid-wales guide as per http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=602180
robapplegate 11 Nov 2014
In reply to Michael Hood:

I'm still working my way through the old one
In reply to Meddins:

I have recently moved back to the area, and now live in Hay and have started using the wall at the llangorse activity centre.

How many of the people who have replied are in clubs I wonder, and how active are they?
 luke glaister 13 Nov 2014
In reply to Adderbury Climber:

I am not a member of any clubs. I go climbing every other Sunday and every Tuesday evening. I'd love to go more the the wife and kids might say something if I push my luck.... lol. And hopefully the weather comes good for this sunday cause we're off the pembroke. ☺

Luke
 Fat Bumbly2 13 Nov 2014
Used to live in Ludlow - never met a climber or even hillwalker when there, They exist of course.
Perhaps the sight of that crumbly limestone on the town's crags terrified anyone from even thinking of climbing.

robapplegate 13 Nov 2014
In reply to Adderbury Climber:

Yes I'm in a club http://www.wrekinmc.co.uk/ an active club and I'm an active member, come and join us.
 Mostin3 18 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins:

There is a newly built bouldering centre roughly 3.5 miles outside of Hereford at the taste for adventure outdoor centre.

Check it out here:

https://www.facebook.com/Boulderbarn

It is open 5pm to 9pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings and from 10am to 6pm on a Saturday.
 Jonny2vests 18 Nov 2014
In reply to timjones:
> I'm from Tenbury, other climbers do exist but you're not likely to find one on your doorstep in a rural market town.

Why not?

Hereford has a climbing club in fact, I was a member for a year or so, seemed like a decent bunch.

http://herefordclimbingclub.webs.com/
Post edited at 04:38
 timjones 18 Nov 2014
In reply to Jonny2vests:

> Why not?

> Hereford has a climbing club in fact, I was a member for a year or so, seemed like a decent bunch.

Hereford isn't a small rural market town

My point was that if you live In Bromyard or a similar small town you're not going to have a huge choice of potential clomboing partners. It's likely that you will need to travel in order to do so. This isn't really an issue as you are going to need to travel to the crag or wall anyway.
 Jonny2vests 20 Nov 2014
In reply to timjones:

I see.
OP Meddins 20 Nov 2014
In reply to Meddins:

Well if anybody wants to get out give me a shout I'm always keen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...