UKC

Promotion and Marketing help.............

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Big Mountain Man 09 Nov 2014
Hi,
I am planning a big expedition in 2016 and would like some help with promotion and marketing the event to potential sponsors.
Does anyone know of any companies that would help with this process?
I would obviously be prepared to pay for this service.
As I am not a familiar name or athlete in the climbing world I know this will be a difficult ask but I hope that the expedition would attract some interest.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated
Thanks
Big Mountain Man 12 Nov 2014
In reply to Big Mountain Man:

Any views............anything?

Hi. I can't advise you on a marketing company I'm afraid. However, a good honest letter to local outdoor stores or equipment manufacturers will go a long way. Detail your previous climbing experience and link it to your overall expedition objectives. Aim high!

Terrance.
 Roberttaylor 12 Nov 2014

Red Bull
Clif bar (no soloing though)
 Rich W Parker 12 Nov 2014

Hey Big Mountain Man,
I don't know of any companies that do this per se. Getting sponsorship from commercial organisations is hard these days, unless your very media savvy - which you might be! I suppose it depends on how remarkable your expedition is. Cotswold seem to be pretty helpful for bits and pieces.
There are sources of grant funding, which I imagine you know about, MEF, BMC/MCofS, the RGS, The Alpine Club (membership of which is not difficult - they're a friendly bunch). Also, have a look at this:

http://thenextchallenge.org/resources/sponsorship/ ......some good info.

Have a good trip, Rich.

Šljiva 12 Nov 2014
In reply to Big Mountain Man: PM me if you want, not a pro, but do enough to have a few ideas.

Big Mountain Man 13 Nov 2014
In reply to Šljiva:

Ive emailed you Kirsten - many thanks
Big Mountain Man 13 Nov 2014
In reply to Šljiva:

Thank you to all those ideas,I'm keen for it not to become a "Sponsored charity event" but will contact stores etc.......

Thank you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...