UKC

Womens jacket Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Traveller 26 Nov 2014

Hi all

I'm looking for some Christmas present advice for my wife (if you're my wife, stop reading now!)

I'm after a softshell jacket which can be used as an outer layer but which has some insulation. She already has a mountain hardwear conduit softshell (no insulation), and a Montane Extreme smock (not so versatile), so looking for something between the two which can be worn over a down gillet and thermal, for use downhill skiing, touring, and winter climbing/walking. Something with some insulation but not too much. I've been looking at he Rab Vapourise, the Vaporise Guide, and the Patagonia Nano air. Does anyone have any experience of these jackets and could suggest which best for the above - or alternatives?

Many thanks
Post edited at 07:10
 BnB 26 Nov 2014
In reply to Traveller:

If your wife is like most of the outdoorsy women I know, she will love the Nano Air. End of.

She won't necessarily need a down gilet under it but equally she'll stay comfortable across a wide range of temps, including in the rain, though it's not a waterproof, nor a softshell for that matter.
 jess 27 Nov 2014
In reply to Traveller:

I have the Arcteryx Atom LT which is absolutely amazing!!!
 BAdhoc 28 Nov 2014
In reply to Traveller:

I love my vapour rise jacket(s) and wear them near constantly as an everyday jacket or out on the hills

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...