UKC

Recommend me a sack?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'm after a new sack for multi day wild camping jollies. I currently have a lowe alpine mx attack 50+10 which has done the job well. Ideally I would like something a little bigger 65+10. I quite like the look of the lowe alpine metanoia 65+15. Budget is around £150.
 HeMa 27 Nov 2014
In reply to Big Jim The Climber:

Light, but big...

http://www.golite.ch/pi/en/Jam-70L-Pack-Unisex.html

and now cheap because GolIte went down, hence the cleaerance.
 Brian Pollock 27 Nov 2014

I'd hover around ebay for a deal. Managed to pick up a mint condition Black Diamond Speed 40 for £40 recently.
Have you looked at how far £150 will go in terms of upgrading some of your other gear to lighter and more compact versions?

These days I just cannot imagine wanting to have a larger sac, and despite having a fairly good selection of other camping kit I could very easily knock another kilo of two of my overall pack weight by upgrading various items.

PS currently have a Pod Alpine 50+ which is good for 4 day UK solo trips carrying a 2man tent.
Post edited at 18:04
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:
I can do up to 4 days out of the old sack, I have just acquired a hound for my adventures for carrying his extras. I have tried him with a dog pack but he just spends the whole time trying to eat it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...