UKC

bus to chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blackcat 30 Nov 2014
Hi, anyone use sat mont blanc bus to chamonix from gva, in there 2014/15 scedule it states four trips there and back in the day.Do they run to time, anyone,cheers.
graham F 01 Dec 2014
In reply to blackcat:

EasyBus might be the best bet.
http://www.easybus.co.uk/en/geneva-airport
 JohnV 01 Dec 2014
In reply to graham F:

Or Alpybus, who go door to door not just to the train station.
OP blackcat 01 Dec 2014
In reply to JohnV: Heard some bad reports on this outfit, but cheers.

OP blackcat 01 Dec 2014
In reply to graham F: Will look into some feedback on these, thanks.

smithaldo 01 Dec 2014
In reply to blackcat:

The bad feedback on alpybus (or any other cham transfer service) is usually from people who fail to a) read the terms and conditions when they book b) remember what time/where they asked to be picked up from or c) have ridiculous expectations from what is essentially a value taxi service.

The sole time I've heard of the bus being better was one day when my wife was coming back from geneva and it properly dumped with snow. The bus got through but most cars/transfer minibuses didn't without pretty long delays.
 chris gooder 02 Dec 2014
In reply to blackcat:

Myself and several people I know use Mountain Dropoffs.
 goose299 02 Dec 2014
In reply to blackcat:

Alpybus were fine for me too. No issues abnd they picked me up from where I were staying
 Pete Houghton 02 Dec 2014
In reply to goose299:
Keep in mind when you are buying a lift from one of the transfer companies (Mountain Dropoffs, Alpybus, Chamexpress, etc), a bit of that money is paying the wage of the skint driver who probably lives in Chamonix and wants to go skiing and climbing as much as you do, whereas if you buy from easyBus/easyJet, that cash will go to some guy on a yacht who already has more money than he needs.

Support the local businesses, keep people skiing and climbing!
Post edited at 13:37
 goose299 02 Dec 2014
In reply to Pete Houghton:

Well said

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...