UKC

Jottnar sizing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bluebird 03 Dec 2014
I understand that the sizing on the Garm jacket is big - trying to get some perspective on this - can anyone comment?

I'm a wee 36" chest so with a few layers on I could probably make do with a small Garm if it was 38", but not if they're coming up big - anyone got a view?

thanks
 TobyA 03 Dec 2014
In reply to Bluebird:

I think I'm going to be reviewing one, but haven't received it yet so can't give you any direct info but from last winter's stuff I would say that Jottnar's sizes are relatively generous for those of us with bigger chests/shoulders. I'm a medium in most brands, but with Rab for example medium can be tight on my chest/shoulders while there's plenty of space for me in the Jottnar medium.

I did get my Fenrir - their new light down jacket - and that's rather well fitted, nice long arms but not baggy at all round the body. It feels designed to wear, perhaps even as a midlayer, unlike the Fjorm which is much more a belay jacket.
OP Bluebird 04 Dec 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers, look forward to reading your review. It's either a Garm or Montane tiger or Sabretooth at the mo.
I run cold so I'm thinking tiger would give me the best options on the fell
TimRich66 04 Dec 2014
In reply to TobyA:

> I did get my Fenrir - their new light down jacket - and that's rather well fitted, nice long arms but not baggy at all round the body. It feels designed to wear, perhaps even as a midlayer, unlike the Fjorm which is much more a belay jacket.

Will you be reviewing the Fenrir?. I'm planning a trip that will include Scandinavia and Russia in January and don't have space for my Rab Neutrino down jacket. (I'm going from Moscow to SE Asia so space and weight is at a premium). I'm torn between the Rab Continuum and the Fenrir as a lightweight down option. (Sorry if that counts as hijacking the post).

If it helps, I have a Bergelmir jacket size Medium (my normal size). It still fits well over single or multiple layers. Not sure how this works, but it does.
 TobyA 04 Dec 2014
In reply to TimboR:

I am reviewing it, yeah. Very nice light jacket, but not super warm if you're going to Russia in winter I wouldn't have thought. I was wearing it over a t-shirt on Sunday (in the ultra-extreme testing ground of Cleethorpes beach) and it was about 6 or 7 degrees and windy. I was fine with a woolly hat on, but not getting too hot in it.
 galpinos 05 Dec 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Toby, did they say if the fill power on the website (850) is US or EU? At 112g of down in a jacket, that's not much!
 TobyA 05 Dec 2014
In reply to galpinos:

D'ya know - I haven't got down in the weeds that much yet, so no sure. It feels and looks very puffy though. Much more so than my Uniqlo classic light down jacket for example.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...