UKC

Anasazi blanco - loss of stiffness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hillseeker 05 Dec 2014
My Anasazi blancos are about 4 years old now and when new they were brilliant providing the right level of stiffness for the limestone sport routes I was doing at the time.

However, now they have lost all the rigidity which made them so good. They aren't worn through at the toes either, it just seems the forefoot area doesn't give any support - they are very bendy now.

Has anyone else noticed this effect?
And would a resole restore them?

Ta
 danm 05 Dec 2014
In reply to toasted:

This is what makes them such a popular shoe with climbers in the Peak. Brand new in the Spring, they are brilliant for limestone sport and trad. The dramatic loss in stiffness leaves a perfect shoe for gritstone trad and bouldering. In effect, you get two shoes for the price of one.

P.S How the hell are you getting 4 years worth of life out of your shoes? Do you even climb, bro?
 marclloyd77 05 Dec 2014
In reply to toasted:

My Katanas went the same way but I've just had them resoled and they're better than new. The rubber's slightly thicker but they're still sensitive enough - They're a little stiffer than they were when new, so spot on for edging. I used Cheshire shoe repairs.

Are you back in the UK now?
Andy Gamisou 05 Dec 2014
In reply to toasted:

Yes, but have found this with most other climbing shoes too. Mine do well to last 9 months, and that's only using them on 'hard' stuff that justifies using them.
OP Hillseeker 05 Dec 2014
In reply to danm:

Ha ha, yeah, I guess 4 years is a long life for a pair of shoes - a pair of miuras took over on limestone duties. And yeah, I'm not climbing that much.
OP Hillseeker 05 Dec 2014
In reply to marclloyd77:

Sounds like the resole could be the way to go.

Yep back in the UK. All went wrong in Ireland

Been helping Dean out with log burner installations!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...