UKC

Falkland island climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TimhNorthBASE 17 Dec 2014
Anyone done any climbing in the Falkland islands, ive seen one picture on here with a description of routes.

Managed to get a few climbs done on the Stanely road on an obvious looking crag and was wondering if anyone had climbed here before. Cheers
 rusty8850 17 Dec 2014
In reply to TimhNorthBASE:

Look up Heavy Whalley on google, he has a blog with contact details etc. e mail him and he'll give you some ideas. he was down there with the RAF.

Good luck
 jon59 17 Dec 2014

I have the old guide from the RAF PT dept, I did some exploration and new routes back in 2006 as of 2014 the official guide is held at the PT wing APC. Not that I am the guide to the FI but I can direct you around to areas for the best climbing if required. Totally depends on what time of year you are going!! last time i was there within the same week we did new rock climbing routes one day and quality snow and ice routes on the same crag the next.
 milus 18 Dec 2014

I was based there in 2001-2 and did a fair amount of new-routing with a chap called Mike Formby. See below for a link to a previous forum thread on the topic:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=571508&v=1#x7598715

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...