UKC

Neo Shell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 20 Dec 2014
Neo shell fabric has now been out for a couple years. I'm looking to replace my Mountain Hardware Artero which has done 4 years sterling service and now only leaks a bit in really bad weather.

It's been super hard wearing so was looking at Gore Tex Pro Shell again until the sales assistant mentioned the Rab Neo Guide. I've never come across anyone using this fabric so looked for a few review. It got generally good ones in a 2012 review here on UKC but at best part of £300 for a jacket I want it to last like my current one so was hoping for some longer term reports.
 nathan79 20 Dec 2014
In reply to fire_munki:

Been considering a neoshell jacket if I get a new one next year.
Can't comment on it in a jacket, but I've had the Rab neo stretch pants for over a year. Very comfortable material, it's kept me dry when Ive asked it to. Less windproof than gore-tex imho, but worth it for the fantastic breathability.
Durability is the area I'm unsure of. My trousers have some slight noticeable areas of abrasion where my legs have been rubbing together. I assume thicker/heavier duty material is used in the jackets where rucksack straps'll come into contact with the fabric.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...