UKC

Long, easy multi-pitch adventures near Antalya

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 s1362083 21 Dec 2014

I'm heading out to Antalya next week and I couldn't find any information on long multi-pitch trad/sport routes around Antalya. My thinking is that it would be nice to mix tough days of sport climbing in Geyi with slightly more relaxed but adventurous days in the mountains.

I must admit that I don't really know what the local terrain is like but it looks like a hilly enough area on the map to have long routes somewhere!

We will have a car so somewhere within a half day's drive would be OK and I'll take a trad rack if it is worthwhile.
Post edited at 17:50
 Big Steve 21 Dec 2014
In reply to s1362083:
Have a look at my website: http://www.myturkishadventure.com/Antalya-climbing.html
If you have to stay in the Antalya region, then Karataslar may be worth a visit, not much bolted though so take some trad gear. There is very little developed for climbing higher in the mountains, its mainly trekking.

Emilio Bachini 31 Dec 2014
In reply to s1362083:

There are routes up the big obvious mountain overlooking Geyikbayýrý, though I don't know much more than that about them. The route topos are in some guidebooks in some of the more popular campsites. Good luck.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...