UKC

Proviz gillet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mick Brinks 24 Dec 2014
Has anyone else tried these?
The Proviz advert says ' The material we use is highly breathable and water-resistant'.
I realise that 'breathability' is a subjective matter but I was very disappointed how sweaty I got within a few miles.
I complained to Proviz, but they won't take it back because it has been worn. Obviously you can't know how unbreathable it is until you have worn it.
The back is breathable,because it is open mesh. I don't think the front can be claimed to be 'highly breathable'. Has anyone a better opinion of it?
 3leggeddog 24 Dec 2014
In reply to Mick Brinks:

I have a proviz jacket, use it for my daily commute on dark unlit roads. For this it is ideal, very reflective and so obvious that there is a person there. It is as obvious from the off that the fabric would not be breathable, front and pit zips help. Not a jacket for an 8hr ride but great for an hours commute
 VS4b 24 Dec 2014
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Mine arrives in the morning from Santa... Bought it after seeing someone using it night before last and being utterly astonished how good it was. Am hoping it will be ok for my 80 min commute, I think I'm prepared to trade damp for visible, but time will tell...
 3leggeddog 24 Dec 2014
In reply to VS4b:

Astonishing is the word. Wifey bought mine having seen someone out riding in one. I happily sacrifice breathability for the ability to breathe
 VS4b 24 Dec 2014
In reply to 3leggeddog:

Same as me, saw one in action at 8pm, bought one online at 830pm!!
 sleavesley 25 Dec 2014
In reply to Mick Brinks:

No better opinion, but I do have the older Morvelo hemisphere in a fluoro yellow. This has a water proof front and a breathable back. I can rate this as excellent for providing both protection from the elements and breath ability. It's a bit over the budget though, think I got mine for £55 and it is fluoro on both front and back (on the newer ones some are black with fluoro markings). Only thing to be careful of is washing with zips and Velcro as it will snag the material on the back.
OP Mick Brinks 30 Dec 2014
In reply to 3leggeddog:

I've no complaints about the visibility, just that Proviz claim the gilet is 'highly breathable' - which I don't think it is.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...