UKC

Sheffield partners/club?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dti 31 Dec 2014

Hello,

I have recently moved to Sheffield and I am looking for people to climb with... I have recently moved back from abroad and the majority of my old climbing partners have either given up or live away.

I do a lot of shift work (lots of evenings, nights and more than 1 in 2 weekends). The plus side is that I have some time off mid-week to climb during the day. This has made it hard to find a regular partner as I can rarely make the same time each week etc. I've been to the works a fair number of times but as I don't hugely enjoy the scene there I have struggled to meet people. I'm yet to visit AW/the foundry yet (but all in good time).

Which leads me on to clubs - do club members find it easy to find people to go climbing mid-week? As a way of meeting a lot of like-minded individuals I thought it could be a good way of finding regular partners - does anybody have any experience of the Sheffield based clubs that they would mind sharing?

So, in summary (and sorry thats a lot of writing already) - anybody have any advice on finding a group of climbing partners in Sheffield and does anybody have any advice on the clubs around Sheffield?

Thanks,

Dave
Post edited at 19:52
 jonhowson 06 Jan 2015
In reply to dti:

Hi Dave,

I'm a member of the Peak Climbing Club. We meet Thursday at AW/Foundry in winter and outdoors in summer. We also meet every Tuesday at The Works. It's not hard to find someone to climb with most evenings.

During the day mid-week is obviously not so common due to people having work commitments. I think that's just going to be the way it is for most people, sadly, at least in terms of a regular partner.

The club is really friendly with a great mix of people. Here's some more info, if you're interested you should come along to one of our meets.
http://www.peakclimbingclub.co.uk/joining-the-club/

Jon
 LakesWinter 06 Jan 2015
In reply to dti:

I can sometimes get out on Thursdays, give me a message through the site if you fancy climbing one Thurs - can't do this week though
 johncook 06 Jan 2015
In reply to dti:

Being retired (65) I am available to climb most anytime. My Mondays and most Thursdays are booked but other than that I can be free. I lead indoors at about 6b (Awesome grade) and outdoors at VS/HVS. Like any rock type. Well out of practice on the cold stuff.
I am based in Rotherham. I am a member of Castle Mountaineering Club.
 ralphio 06 Jan 2015
In reply to dti:

yhm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...