UKC

Biking in 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 01 Jan 2015
Going to set myself a cycling target of 7500 miles for 2015. Anyone else have any targets or things they want to achieve for 2015 bikewise?
 TobyA 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:

Oddly, I was just totting up my kms from 2014, and I'm a bit short of my 3000 km target. Between my road bike and cyclocross bike I've done 2658 kms, although annoyingly I can't find what I had done on my mountain bike before I sadly had to sell it last July. Probably no more than another one or two hundreds kms - so still I will still be a bit short of 3000. Hence in 2015 it would be good to go over 3000 - this will probably depend on my commute - and how much I use a bike for that.
andymac 01 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:

To embrace pain.

Climbing is going to be my poison.

I keep watching Froome on Ventoux.and feeling sore just watching
 wilkesley 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:
Have been toying with the idea of doing a LEJOG, as I'll be 60 next month. However, most of the ride looks pretty boring, so I might do a tour of the Hebrides instead. Also, I have never cycled abroad. I quite fancy doing one of the TDF classic climbs, but would also like to do some touring in France.
Post edited at 14:11
 ThunderCat 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:

Me and some of the chaps have vague plans to do the Glasgow to Inverness sustrans route in July / August.

Done it about 5 years ago and loved it.

In reply to Indy:
Tentative plan is to go back to Mallorca so that I can do the Sa Colabra and Cap Formentor rides from Puerto Pollensa -- I think I can persuade Lady S to enjoy sitting by the pool in the mornings those days.
On a domestic level I'd like to beat my Vets Standards of 28.30 for 10 miles and 1.12.45 for 25 miles and do 4500 miles in the year.
Post edited at 15:45
 AlisonSmiles 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:

5800km this year, much of which seems to have been done on the cross bike I bought in February. I don't think I'll set a distance target for 2015 though as I reckon there lies the road to an ever increasing year on year target until I forget what I used to do before I cycled.

I'd quite like to do a bit of touring, perhaps Ireland. LEJOG has to be on the horizon somewhere too. It would be nice to have a good mountain bike challenge - enjoyed the Mary Towneley a few years ago. Any thoughts on what might be good fun?
 nniff 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:

To do more miles this year than last (3,250).
More specifically to draw a route depicting our club logo and ride it. It's a cockerel. Should keep me busy for a while.
 Dr.S at work 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:

somerset grand fondo is my only real objective.
 balmybaldwin 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:

My target is to develop my technical mtb riding to the level at which I could enter the trans savoie ( http://trans-savoie.com/ ) with a hope of a)finishing and b) making the top half

So lots of enduros and technical rides this year. I also want to ride my roadie enough to justify keeping it (unlike this year)
 Kimono 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:
Rode around 9000km this year, which was nearly 4000 more than the previous year so will be happy to top that.

Also planning to fly my bike to Valencia, Spain in June and then ride home to North Wales via Santander.
 Chris the Tall 02 Jan 2015
In reply to Indy:

My target each year is 2000 miles (excluding commuting) and quite frankly that's enough for me - not doing enough climbing as it is. This years tally was 2500 miles, split pretty evenly between road and MTB, with three 100 mile rides - the two yorkshire TDF stages and a tour of Sligo.

Next year's targets are the three stages of the tour of yorkshire and maybe a visit to Alpe d'huez

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...