UKC

Another cyclist killed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 02 Jan 2015
Good that the police have caught them. I hope they go to prison for a very long time.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/three-men-and-boy-arrested-afte...
 robbo99 03 Jan 2015
In reply to Trangia:

Possible they don't know who was driving if they're appealing for people to come forward with info. Hopefully that's not the case however.
OP Trangia 03 Jan 2015
In reply to robbo99:

Even if it is the case they should all be punished, if only for their post accident behaviour. ie running away rather than stopping to render assistance, and failing to say who was driving or the driver himself owning up.

OK it's possible that the driver was not at fault, but their post accident behaviour is unforgivable.

They have shown no remorse and their only consideration is for themselves. They are cowards.

Presumably the driver can be identified from DNA and finger prints on the controls?
In reply to Trangia:

Unfortunately too many car thieves have seen CSI and wear gloves when stealing cars these days.

DNA will be harder to use to ID the driver as hair samples can be argued to be from anyone in the car. You can put them in the car, but not neccessarily in the driver's seat, unfortunately.

Occasionally there is blood and/or saliva on an airbag, if it has been deployed, but even that has failed to secure a prosecution in at least one case I know of.

They should all be on a manslaughter charge if they can't pin it to a driver. Even if they pin it to a driver, the others should still be prosecuted.
 trouserburp 03 Jan 2015
In reply to Trangia:
Stupid cyclist, I bet he didn't even have a 1000 megawatt flashing beacon strapped to his head and what was he doing cycling on the road. They drive me mad, why the other month I saw one go straight through a red light just because the pedestrian had finished crossing. What this clearly means is all cyclists should have to pass a test and have a number plate on at all times and that's my road tax paid for that tarmac
 trouserburp 03 Jan 2015
In reply to Trangia:

- sorry if that's in bad taste but is the response to several other cyclist fatalities reported on here
Rigid Raider 04 Jan 2015
In reply to Trangia:

There was another case recently where two young and two older people were in a car that killed a cyclist then drove off. Police arrested all four on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and three soon cracked and named the 20 year-old male as the driver.
 Indy 04 Jan 2015
In reply to trouserburp:

Yawn
 Andrew Smith 04 Jan 2015
In reply to trouserburp:

Tosser
 The New NickB 04 Jan 2015
In reply to Andrew Smith:

> Tosser

I think you may have missed the point!
In reply to The New NickB:

Perhaps the fact he thought it was real says something about the responses you get on here... or he's just not very bright/too early in the morning etc.
 Andy Hardy 06 Jan 2015
In reply to Ghastly Rubberfeet:

Couldn't they all be done under 'joint enterprise'?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...