UKC

FS Nepal Cube: 43. As New.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 stoneback 04 Jan 2015

Bought these boots on Tuesday from The Climbers Shop. Wore them for apx 12 miles fell walking in the Lakes. Too small!

Could arrange pick up in SW or will send recorded delivery at buyers expense, postage I guess will be about £10?

Boots will be sent in original box, they are in completely as new condition, so get yourself a good deal. They're great boots.

Can send a photo on request but they are as the catalogue image.

Thanks for looking.

£330.00 +postage
Post edited at 15:02
domwells 06 Jan 2015
In reply to stoneback:
£330 doesn't sound like much of a bargain - unless you're taking the approach that a 43 is hard to come by.. either way, who would buy a pair of boots at that price without trying them on first? Maybe you could offer a return service or something. I'm not looking to buy though, just an observation. Good luck.
OP stoneback 06 Jan 2015
In reply to domwells:

Thanks for the observation.

I had imagined, and would recommend, a potential buyer trying the boots in a shop and deciding they were the ones they wanted above other branded similar boots (as I did), then going away to try and find a cheaper supplier. The boots are basically brand new considering how many potential miles they will last if looked after, so £330 compares well to the rrp of £400 and the best price I could find on line of £360.

There is always a risk with the fit of boots like this, no amount of stomping around in a shop will compare to the first long day in the hills, but I think people get that.

Bargain!! `

Gazlynn 06 Jan 2015
In reply to stoneback:

Please don't take this the wrong way but they aint going to sell @ £330 plus a tenner for postage.

The oudoor shop are selling the very same boots brand new for £340 posted.

I appreciate they are virtually brand new but there are still 12 miles on the clock so to speak.

So come on what's your bottome line?

I'm a little interested but the price has to be a lot better.

cheers

Gaz

OP stoneback 06 Jan 2015
In reply to Gazlynn:

Gaz,

Cheers for looking, I can't see them on the outdoor shop for that price, they're £360 on there with free postage, link below...

I suppose I can do £330 and pay the postage myself. Still seems a good deal to me. No worries if that's not what you want to hear though.

Cheers,

Nick.

http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/showpart_largeDD.asp
 Gazlynn 06 Jan 2015
In reply to stoneback:

My bad re the £340 from the outdoor shop they must of just put them up or I miss read the price sorry.

Bit too expensive for me mate.

Good luck in selling them

Cheers

Gaz

tonyaitch 06 Jan 2015
In reply to Gazlynn:
Hi Gazlynn.
I think you mean £340 inc p+p from Rock and Run. All sizes; plus a till receipt plus ability to send them back if they don't fit.
Sorry Stoneback, but £330 doesn't seem very realistic. If folk just google Nepal Cube, it's 3rd on the list
Post edited at 20:55
OP stoneback 06 Jan 2015
In reply to tonyaitch:

Well that is a good deal chaps, can't argue! They're still more expensive than mine though!

Also, you can only return them unused, so it's the same level of risk there as you won't really know if they fit until you've kicked some ice and walked down hill in them for 4 hours!

I feel I'm about to be ganged up on by the mean Ukc massive, out to spoil my sale! Boo hoo

Roll up roll up.....

Gazlynn 06 Jan 2015
In reply to stoneback:

Nick

I promise I didn't mean to vandalise your advert. I was and still would be interesteded in your boots.

You are trying to re-coup what you paid for them which I can understand.

I am just being realistic and don't think you will have much success. Plus trying to get them for the cheapest I can.

I would wait a while to see what people offer I could be wrong and then if you cannot get rid of them and are desparate to sell them I will offer you £275 plus dinner bed and breakfast and my company for a days climbing here in Scotland

cheers

Gaz
OP stoneback 06 Jan 2015
In reply to Gazlynn:

Gaz,

No worries mate, and cheers for the offer, though that would be a steal! I guess I'll leave it to run for the week and see what happens. I saw a pair go on eBay for good money the other week, so a glimmer of hope.

If I don't get a taker by the weekend I guess you may be in luck - for that price I might have to take you up on the climbing trip.

Nick.

domwells 07 Jan 2015
In reply to Gazlynn:

what a great offer, I've never seen this before. Likewise I didn't intend to ruin Nicks sale, I hope he manages to recoup as much as possible. If he doesn't take this offer I hope he'd flex down to £300, I'm sure they'd sell at that price.
Maybe Nick could give some details on the fit so as to encourage a potential buyer. As far as I'm aware, scarpa generally fit a foot that isn't too skinny
OP stoneback 08 Jan 2015
In reply to domwells:

I really really don't mean to be rude mate, but you aren't interested in buying the boots by your own admission, yet I feel you are effectively driving down the price with your comments and pricing suggestions.
I may well have to drop the price to sell but I don't want to any quicker than is necessary, and I'm in no major rush.
As far as fit, well they are an extremely well engineered boot as you would expect but I'm not sure what shape of foot they best suit - or what shape of foot I even have to be honest. Oh and they're La Sportiva not Scarpa of course.

Cheers,
Nick.
domwells 14 Jan 2015
In reply to stoneback:

Nick, I wasn't trying to 'drive down the price', I was trying to help you sell them... my apologies if it didn't come across like that.

Cheers,
Dom

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...