UKC

Mountain watch advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 10 Jan 2015
I'm in the market for a new watch, I currently have a broken down Suunto Vector.

The Vector has served me well, should I get another or is there something else out there that I'm missing.

Budget up to about £200.

Thanks, Tony
 SebCa 10 Jan 2015
In reply to Tony the Blade:
I've just gone for the ambit 3 which is brilliant in every sense of the word. GPS/alti/barometer possibly way above your budget at £306 but defo one to consider. I do quite a bit of cycling and running so doubles up to record my rides, but also recorded my snowy trip up Gribin and Glyder Fawr last week and is interesting to see your trace on a map!

I've read many reviews about the 3, but people say the 2 was pretty decent as well and loads are on offer due to the 3 coming out.

Then there is the core, but IMHO the ambit does more for similar dosh!
 rockcatch 10 Jan 2015

I have used a Casio protrek for the last 5 or so years. I had a Vector before, and the protrek has similar features, with a big bonus of being solar powered so I don't need to worry about it being waterproof after changing a battery, or sending it off for changing. A quick google search shows a number of different variations are now available, some under £200
 PPP 10 Jan 2015
In reply to rockcatch:

Yup, I've got Casio PRW3000 which is brilliant. It also updates itself every night so the time is the same at my computer. I got the battery very low just before Christmas as I stayed most of the days in the lab for last few months. Even Scottish sun managed to recharge it over few days and it's back to normal.
In reply to Jimbo MSider:

If it's the right fit (metaphorically speaking) then I'd possibly go to £300

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.
In reply to rockcatch & ppp:

Thanks to you both, I'll have a look at the Protech.

Ive a good nic boxed Suunto Vector for sale Blk clear face £65
 Billhook 11 Jan 2015

£200??

I've bust a few decent 'outdoor' watches in the past to know it isn't worth the dosh.

So I now buy in-expensive unbranded models from my local shop. I'm on my second one. They are called 'Terrain', they are waterproof, have withstood loads of hammer - literally as I'm a waller and hedgelayer. They glow in the dark (I can't spell luminous ) and only cost £9.50, and last at least two or three years hard use.

Send me £50 I'll post one up to you - guaranteed for a year!.
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

Hi Stevie,

Any chance of a photo with a close-up of the screen... or your assurance that it's scratch free, I am interested.

Thanks, Tony

tonysanders123@gmail.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...