UKC

firstascent.co.uk - are they reliable/legit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Samuel J 15 Jan 2015
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience buying online from firstascent.co.uk recently? They have some equipment I want but I can't find much info about them online, no reviews (trust pilot etc) to determine if it's worthwhile/safe to buy from them. I emailed them a question yesterday morning and haven't had a reply yet, though I do realise this can sometimes take upto 48hrs. The site looks professional and legit but the lack of interaction with customers on both their Facebook and Twitter pages or anywhere else on the web makes me slightly dubious. Also their last post to either of those pages was back at the start of November, which again strikes me as slightly odd that a company like this wouldn't post adverts etc over the run up to Christmas or to notify of January sales offers.

Hopefully I'm just being overly cautious and paranoid here! Any help would be much appreciated though..

(ps. Mods, couldn't decide where to post this. Feel free to move it if it would be more suitable elsewhere.)
 Gazlynn 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Samuel J:

I've used them recently on a couple of occassions and I cannot fault the whole experience from price to delivery.

cheers

Gaz
 L.A. 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Samuel J:
For the last 20 years they were the Black Diamond + MSR agents in the UK. In past times they were also TNF + Patagonia agents. Now going it alone as an internet retailer. They have sponsored the Alpine Club climbing fund for many years
Yes Extremely trustworthy
Post edited at 15:36
 Carless 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Samuel J:

Definitely completely legit - the owner's an old mate
and I imagine reliable (tho' I've never used them)
Samuel J 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Gazlynn:

Perfect. As it happens, sods law, within minutes after I posted this I had a reply to the email I sent them! So all is good. Thanks for the help.

I was aware that they had been around 20 odd years which is why it still strikes me as odd that they have such a lack of online presence, not one customer review anywhere! I will however now be ordering from them.
 PPP 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Samuel J:

I bought from them last year and it was absolutely fine. I think they used to sponsor/help Andy Kirkpatrick, though I'm not sure if they still do so.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...