UKC

Chamonix le Pass vs Mont Blanc Unlimited ski passes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MikeLell 16 Jan 2015
Quick question for the frequent Cham skiers. I'm heading out there next week for 5 days skiing and have noticed there is an additional charge to go to the Grand Montets top station if you only have Le Pass. Anyone know how much this is roughly, as I'm not sure whether to pay the extra for an all inclusive pass. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
 jcw 16 Jan 2015
In reply to MikeLell:

Frankly it's a gamble under current conditions. If you are a good skier then the Grands Montets top has the best skiing: the rimaye has been fairly icy and the lower section of the Point de Vue somewhat stony. But it is the weather patter that is determinng. We have been getting a lot of strong wind which means the top is often closed. If I were you I would wait till I arrived and look carefully at the weather forecast if you only have five days. In general the skiing has been pretty lousy. Good luck.
OP MikeLell 16 Jan 2015
In reply to jcw:

Cheers for that. Will hold off on advance buying and wait until I see the conditions Monday.
 JR 16 Jan 2015
In reply to MikeLell:

if it matters you also get swimming, ice skating, courmayeur and st gervais included with MBU
 walts4 16 Jan 2015
In reply to John Roberts (JR):
> (In reply to MikeLell)
>
> if it matters you also get swimming, ice skating, courmayeur and st gervais included with MBU

Only if you go for a 6 day pass or more!

& a day in verbier...

& a single go per day on the luge!!!
 maxsmith 16 Jan 2015
In reply to MikeLell:

don't you get aiguille du midi free with unlimited?

I've always found poor conditions on the pistes below grands montets top station...
 Mr-Cowdrey 16 Jan 2015
In reply to MikeLell:

The MBU pass is well worth the money if you do the Vallee Blanche or ski regularly from the top station of the GM. But if you don't plan on doing this, then the Le Pass is the way to go.

There's plenty of good skiing on Flegere and Brevent and from Herse and Bochard on the GM.

I got the La Pass for 4 days last year at the start of a trip as i wasn't planning on doing anything too serious at the start and then the MBU for 6 days after a day off.

I think I paid about 27euros for a single to the top of the GM on one day when i had the La Pass. But the price may have gone up this year, have a look on the compaigne du mont blanc website.
 Frank4short 16 Jan 2015
In reply to maxsmith:

> I've always found poor conditions on the pistes below grands montets top station...

If you're skiing the pistes of GM top station you're missing the point and it's certainly not worth the extra cash for that. Main reasons to go to GM top station are the upper main face, the Pas du Chevre and as an access point to Argentierre glacier. A couple of extra kms of piste is hardly worth the extra cash.
OP MikeLell 16 Jan 2015
In reply to Frank4short:

Cheers for everyone's advice on this.
 jcw 16 Jan 2015
In reply to Frank4short and Mr-Cowdrey: yeah, but all that is totally irrelevant to present conditions

smithaldo 17 Jan 2015
In reply to MikeLell:
It's e14.50 for a single from lognan to grand montets, and there's a booth to buy it from at lognan station.

You can retro upgrade le pass to unlimited but you have to pay the difference for the duration of your pass.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...