UKC

Week long walk, end of Feb. Recommendations please.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oo 16 Jan 2015
Looking to go for a long wander, something point to point at the end of February. Fast and light sounds fun so probably committing to hostels/pubs/cheap B&Bs along the way to save carrying a tent and gubbins, but willing to compromise on that for something fun.

Would be good to do something interesting, the misses suggested Hadrian's Wall or Offa's Dyke. Any other suggestions?
 JEF 16 Jan 2015
In reply to Oo:

Hadrians Wall is considered closed until May (ish) to preserve the ancient monument. It's a great walk though.
 skizxi 16 Jan 2015
In reply to Oo:

You'll need more than a week to do Offa's Dyke if you want to make it enjoyable.

I second Hydrian's wall although I found the start and finish a little boring
 earlsdonwhu 16 Jan 2015
In reply to Oo:

A chunk of coastal path? Could be wild and spectacular or pleasantly calm and lacking other walkers.
 philpdr 17 Jan 2015
In reply to Oo:

Cleveland Way's good.Plenty of idea's here http://www.ldwa.org.uk/
Clauso 17 Jan 2015
In reply to Oo:

The Dales Way. A lovely walk through the dales and over moorland before finishing in the Lakes. And you get to pass through nice villages and call in at nice boozers too.
OP Oo 17 Jan 2015
In reply to Oo:

Thanks for the suggestions, will glance over some maps. Coastal would go down well with the better half, any recommendations in particular?
 earlsdonwhu 17 Jan 2015
In reply to Oo: not done it myself but what about some of Pembrokeshire Coast ?

Or some of South west coastal path? I have only done the bits round Land's End but you might just research which bits are best for accommodation at that time of year.
 Happeuss 18 Jan 2015
In reply to Oo:

Pembs coast path would be good. I've done the Northern third of it or so with a plan to through hike it in May. There's loads of seals out now, and the first of the sea birds will be coming back by the end of Feb.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...