UKC

That one piece of gear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zimpara 18 Jan 2015

Whats that ONE piece of outdoor gear that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy when you do eventually buy it? (Whilst it probably won't)
Any humourous negative past experiences?

Mine is the 4 northface puffer jackets i've had. Oh my sucking god! Those little fuckers just upset me how they lose their integrity and shape, melt by simply mentioning "naked flame" and god forbid you puncture it, not even gaffer tape will keep the white stuff from escaping. WHY CANT I STOP BUYING THEM??

I'll feel warm and fuzzy and things will be great when I get a Rab arête down....

After seeing a good gear thread turn into a "list your entire gear locker" can we keep the list down to one single item thanks.
Post edited at 14:37
 Rapsling 18 Jan 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Small size hexentrics. Everyone I know seems to hate them, but nothing makes me feel safer than a collection of small irregular hexagonal prisms.

I need help...
 Aigen 18 Jan 2015

o zimpara:

i am waiting for the new fixe lite cams with extendable slings.
Post edited at 17:35
 coreybennett 18 Jan 2015
In reply to zimpara:

I don't know why but an RP 3, I've just got some kind of attraction to it but haven't used it yet, I think I'll save it for something special
 AlanLittle 18 Jan 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Blue Totem Basic. I so rarely do anything these days where I might actually need it (mostly sport & semi-bolted alpine multipitch), but I still just want one.
 BnB 18 Jan 2015
In reply to AlanLittle:

> Blue Totem Basic. I so rarely do anything these days where I might actually need it (mostly sport & semi-bolted alpine multipitch), but I still just want one.

It's my single favourite bit of gear. It goes in everywhere, turns bold into beatific and has caught me twice. I'm in love.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...