UKC

Conditions Lakes - quick question (please!!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
May head out on Thursday to try out the new skins, what are conditions like ? Am I going to scratch up my ski's or is there a bit of cover, and where's the best place to start from at the mo (on the Helvellyn range)?

Thanks
 Petarghh 20 Jan 2015
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

I've been out today, skinned from high pike to dove crag on Fairfield, skiied pretty much all the way back too with a couple of detours to follow good patches of snow! Was good snow where the wall held on to it, can only assume helvellyn will be better.
 Tom the tall 20 Jan 2015

Good conditions also in the North Pennines, if it's convenient for you? Yad Moss has had good skiing all weekend and will be open this weekend too. 30 minutes drive east of Penrith up above Alston.
 mike123 21 Jan 2015
Parked in st johns in the vale, headed up towards sticks pass and then skinned up sty barrow dodd from just below the sheep fold on sunday morning, pretty much complete all the way. i was going to go across the dodds and back but got blown back (in wind kind of way not a 60s counter culture one) so skied down to the raise tow and had a few hours going up and down , as has been said else where the snow was great. skied back out from the top of raise to the sheepfold, not the best but nice enough. My plan had been to skin up to white side bank and either down brunt ghyl or on towards helvelyn but the snow was wind blown and rock hard so decided to get some turns in off the lift. I would say if anything there will be more snow now.
In reply to mike123:

thanks Mike, going to have a 'poke' around the Pennines.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...