UKC

Dynastar Cham 97 HM, sizing ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dark-Cloud 21 Jan 2015
Is anybody using these, how do they size up ? Does the rocker make them ski significantly shorter

Just wary about going too long, they will be an Alps based touring/off piste setup.
 tjoliver 21 Jan 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Depends what your used to... Whilst there's a good amount of tip rocker, bear in mind that there's zero rocker in the tail. For what its worth, I'm 173cm tall, have skis varying in length from 163cm to 186cm and own the HM 97s in 172cm. I'd probably get them in the same length if I bought them again. Certainly wouldn't go shorter. Longer would be nicer on big open lines, but I like the shorter 172cm length when things get a little steeper or tighter.
OP Dark-Cloud 21 Jan 2015
In reply to tjoliver:

Cheers, have a set of Salomon in 169 for knocking around on piste, and a pair of K2 Wayback in 174 as a lighter touring set-up, want something a tad wider.

I am 5'10" so around 177 high, its a toss up between the 172 or 178 really, but as you say, don't want them too long when things get tight.
Phil Ev 21 Jan 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I'd go for the 178cm if I were you, you can feel like you're falling over the front of these if you go too short. They still come round easily and the 178cm are only 176cm or so in real life.

Cheers

Phil
 AdrianC 21 Jan 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I'm about 5'11 and 80kg ish and skied on the 178s last season which feel a tad short for me. Great ski though - good choice for touring.
In reply to AdrianC:

Cheers, sounds like 178 is about right for me, feel free to throw any other ski suggestions in the pot too !
 HeMa 21 Jan 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I'm around 174 short (and 74 kg fat), and my normal touring rigs are generally 180 to 185cm. I did tour for a while with 193cm skis, and switchbacks were a tad hard on steep slopes with them. But 185 are still Ok for me.

The sub 180 lengths are actually reserved for skinny miserystixes for spring tours (generally around 165 and 170cm).
In reply to HeMa:

More of a man than me, I will stick <180 thanks !
 HeMa 21 Jan 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Just remember... short skis suck and long skis truck

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...