UKC

RIP Carol Nash-Hamilton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MaranaF 26 Jan 2015
In an avalanch on Saturday Carol Nash-Hamilton was killed allong with 5 other skiers in the Queyras. The group were all members of CAF (Club Alpin Français) de Guillestre.

I met Carol and Murray a few times over the years, at the crags, at the climbing wall CAF Pelvoux, and on the slopes. She was always a great person to be about.

She will be missed and our thoughts go out to all the family and friends.

http://www.dici.fr/actu/2015/01/25/avalanche-de-ceillac-lidentite-des-victi...
 Doug 26 Jan 2015
In reply to MaranaF:

I nearly started a thread about this accident on Sunday but there wasn't much information available & I assumed all the victims were French

My thoughts are with Murray, wish I'd made more of an effort to see him last time I was in the Ecrins

jon 26 Jan 2015
In reply to MaranaF:

What terrible news. Condolences to Murray.
Removed User 26 Jan 2015
In reply to MaranaF:

That is terrible news.

She was a particularly brilliant rock climber back in the day (and probably still was).
 Rick Graham 26 Jan 2015
In reply to MaranaF:

>
> I met Carol and Murray a few times over the years

Carol always stood out as a thoughtful lovely person. RIP

Condolences to Murray.

They were both world class climbers back in the day and both totally lacking in ego as I recall.
 marky 26 Jan 2015
In reply to MaranaF:
Shit - condolences to Murray who we met when we were in Briancon in 2013.
 oli bon-jon 26 Jan 2015
I last saw Carol at her new house, I believe I was offering kitchen and interior design advice.

Afterwards we had a beer, and probably chatted about the mountains and the night sky and other such trivia,

Carol would of been with a top team of skilled skiers and mountaineers!

A terrible accident

Stay safe out there everyone!

CatenBen 27 Jan 2015
In reply to MaranaF:

We had the pleasure of spending the evening with Carol, and her daughter Jessye, two weeks ago, when they came to supper at our house in Vallouise. We had such a good time with them - they were a great team. Carol was a lovely, warm, caring person, a joy to know, and - above all a fiercely proud mother. We send condolences to Jessye and to Murray

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...