UKC

Red Chilli Matadors, Decent alternative for Geshidos?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve nevers 29 Jan 2015
Was wondering if anyone know if the shoes mentioned in the thread title would be a good replacement for the Evolv Geshido?
Both seem to be a similar shape, and the Matador looks quite low-volume as well, which would be useful. Struggling to find a good alternative since they stopped production of my go to shoe.
Wearing shamans at the moment, but they take so bloody long to break in my right foot is killing me after a while most climbing sessions, still been cracking an old pair of the geshidos out but need to stop that at the wall because, well, the smell is frankly offensive!
 CharlieMack 29 Jan 2015
In reply to Steve nevers:

I've had two pairs of Matadors. Great shoes, and probably the most comfortable technical shoe i've worn.
The only thing i didn't like about them was the rubber when they were new was prone to rolling on the toe on small crimps.
Never enough for my foot to pop, but there was always a little wave where it had stretched and rolled forward. Once you've worn them a bit, this doesn't happen, as there's not enough rubber to roll.

If you're using them on past vertical terrain, i shouldn't see this being an issue. Or they may have fixed the problem. I heard they produced a batch that the rubber hadn't been cured properly. I may have just been unlucky enough to get two pairs from the batch.

Great shoe though all round!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...