UKC

Washing intuition liners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cardi 01 Feb 2015
After a great week in Courchevel, the liners of my Scarpa Freedom SL's stink. Has anyone got any suggestions that have worked for them?

I'm thinking cold water and soap, then febreeze.

Any anecdotes gratefully received.
 Wry Spudding 01 Feb 2015
In reply to Cardi:
From the intuition website:
"You can use anti-bacterial soap and water and swish it around in the liners, rinse with cold water and leave out to air dry.
After they are completely dry, you can use an athletic foot powder to help prevent odor.
We’re testing a product called Shutout…that you may consider trying as well."
In reply to Cardi:

I've removed the inner boots from my Salomons a few times, and stuck them in the washing machine with some Savlon liquid, on a synthetic cycle. Then dry on radiator. Seems to work.

Maybe there's something fancy with the Intuition liner?
 Wry Spudding 02 Feb 2015
In reply to Cardi:

...and the old solution of repeatedly stuffing with screwed up newspaper may speed up the drying out process, reducing the potential rate of bug regrowth.
 blurty 02 Feb 2015
In reply to Cardi:
I use this stuff http://www.sinkthestink.com/. OK to start with but the effects do wear off after 3 - 4 days. (Could be a problem with my feet rather than the enzymes though!)

I leave them to soak in the solution for a couple of hours, then dry them gently.

You can get it through Amazon and eBay. It's not cheap but it goes a long way.

(Works on climbing boots as well!).
Post edited at 15:21
 Dave Garnett 02 Feb 2015
In reply to Cardi:

> I'm thinking cold water and soap, then febreeze.

Yuk! They can't smell any worse than Febreze, surely? It's in bloody everything and it makes me want to retch...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...