UKC

Salopettes for lanky folks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 01 Feb 2015
Any suggestions for a salopette that won't finish somewhere around my knees while costing less than my holiday?

I'm 6'8" (ish) and wear a 35"-38" inside leg trouser depending on how close to my waist they are. I have seen very few longer salopettes and those I have seen tend to cost more than i have just paid for flights, lifts and accommodation in Bulgaria!

Thanks!
Ian E B 01 Feb 2015
In reply to Reach>Talent:

I think your best bet is Mammut. My mate Jon is 6'7" and he managed to get a pair to fit. You'll probably have to order them & they will be expensive. I have the opposite problem & I have Mammut Castor pants which fit perfectly.
 matthew 01 Feb 2015
If you are wanting something warmer than Schoeller, you could see if Buffalo will make you a special with extra leg length. Their prices seem reasonable.
Or just stick with long socks and gaiters like me.
 BnB 02 Feb 2015

Cioch clothing on Skye will make winter pants to measure for you http://www.cioch-direct.co.uk/
 d_b 02 Feb 2015
In reply to BnB:

A mate of mine has some cioch salopettes. The quality is excellent.
OP Reach>Talent 02 Feb 2015
In reply to all:

Thanks for the suggestions, they look pretty good but a bit more than I was looking at paying.
 Dark-Cloud 03 Feb 2015

Do they have to be salopettes ? trousers would probably be easier to find in longer leg length ? Just a thought.......
 Toby_W 03 Feb 2015

You could ask Dean Dorrell off here what he wears, when we climbed together his seemed to fit pretty well and he's a 6'7 ex rugby player.

Being tall (not that tall) I find the problem is not length but that all cloths seem to think that if you're tall your girth matches your height, perfect length but you could get a second person in with me!

Cheers

Toby
 adrspach 03 Feb 2015

You just beat me to this question. I just realised that my old pair of Direct Alpine ones is in serious disrepair and to find anything with 34"+ in seam length and baggier around thigh is impossible in UK.
OP Reach>Talent 04 Feb 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Trousers could be a good option, providing they keep me warm and keep the snow out I am happy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...