UKC

BA International Mountain Leader and related...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JayPee630 14 Feb 2015
This topic comes up on here ever so often, and for those that are IMLs or know a bit about the functioning of the BAIMLs, what's been going on recently with the development of the Association and award generally?

I'm a qualified IML but have left that line of work for a few years but have been thinking about moving back into it, and having had a look at the website it looks a bit unused and dated. What changes have there been in BAIML and with the IML? Have all the promises and hopeful ideas of the award gaining recognition and wider use across more countries come to anything? Are many people managing to make a living working as an IML? And any general news would be gratefully received!
 Andy Say 14 Feb 2015
In reply to JayPee630:
Depends how long ago you did your IML. Presumably you did the 'four course version' including snow-shoeing? If not you might want to think about some CPD.

Current news -
The leadership of BAIML has changed dramatically over the last few months with a pretty new Exec.
Switzerland has decided it doesn't recognise any IML's but its own.
BAIML is now integrating with the Mountain Training database thingy so much of the website etc may well change shortly. Try logging in to your Mountain Training account to see what is what.
Some people are making a living.

P.S. Why not try the BAIML forum?
Post edited at 17:55
OP JayPee630 15 Feb 2015
In reply to andyathome:

Thanks. Yes, of course would do some CPD before working, although have been working as an ML a bit too, so it's not a total about face, and worked as an IML a fair bit previously.

Would try the BAIML forum but I think you need to be a member of BAIML, or at least you did before.
 Andy Say 15 Feb 2015
In reply to JayPee630:

> Would try the BAIML forum but I think you need to be a member of BAIML, or at least you did before.

I would guess you are are right

But if you are wanting to work with a carnet then that's a bullet you will have to bite.
OP JayPee630 16 Feb 2015
In reply to andyathome:

Yes of course, but currently just looking for info and opinion!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...