UKC

Geneva-Chamonix Transfers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 27 Feb 2015
Can't seem to find any info. Help appreciated please.
 MG 27 Feb 2015
In reply to FesteringSore:

Google "chamonix transfer" and pick one. They are all much of a muchness. Collect at the airport, pick up at hotel etc. About 25-30 euro each way with, about an hour journey. If you have long legs pick a seat wisely.
 blurty 27 Feb 2015

Chamexpress are totally reliable in my experience, & I've used them loads
 Mountain Llama 27 Feb 2015

Alpibus for me http://www.alpybus.com/home
 blackcat 27 Feb 2015
In reply to FesteringSore: I gave easybus a try last month, was ok.

planetmarshall 27 Feb 2015
In reply to MG:

> Google "chamonix transfer" and pick one. They are all much of a muchness.

Not necessarily. Mountain Dropoffs ( at least in Sept when I used them ) left from the opposite end of the airport from arrivals which was a royal pain in the arse if you have a ton of gear and no 2 Euro coin to get a trolley....

...It's the little things.

Oh dear, loads of poor info here.

Right. Firstly, there's plenty of companies that will give you a shared transfer from the airport to your destination of choice (i.e. door to door). These include Mountain Dropoffs, ChamVan, Chamonix First etc. etc. Generally around €25-€35 per person each way. Depending on where you accommodation is (i,e, Argentiere etc.) this might be the best option as in-valley transport is not great. They can also do private transfers (worth it if you're a group of 5 or more, or have a pile of cash burning hole in your pocket)

Then there's the "scheduled" services, Alpybus, Chamexpress etc. They have a number of fixed departure time mini buses and if you miss the bus, then tough, you might get the next one. This sucks if it's the last bus of the day as you will end up in the airport overnight. They are a bit cheaper. Some might say you get what you pay for.

Then there's the new low priced service with Easybus from the airport to THE CENTRE of town. Fine for Cham Sud etc. useless if you're more than 5 mins from the train station. €5 to €15 each way.

There's also SAT BUS scheduled buses - similar to Easybus but bigger, less frequent and more expensive.

> Not necessarily. Mountain Dropoffs ( at least in Sept when I used them ) left from the opposite end of the airport from arrivals which was a royal pain in the arse if you have a ton of gear and no 2 Euro coin to get a trolley....

> ...It's the little things.

MountainDropoffs got forced to pickup at the French side for a few months due to a change in Swiss regulations, they're now picking up from the Swiss side as per all the other companies.

"Chamexpress are totally reliable in my experience, & I've used them loads"

Hmmm..... the weekly rants on Chamsocial about being left at the airport and missing flights would seem to disagree...
Post edited at 16:42
 Misha 27 Feb 2015
Used Mountain Dropoffs, great friendly service and yes they go to/from the Swiss side.
Post edited at 22:47
 goose299 28 Feb 2015
In reply to Fultonius:
> Oh dear, loads of poor info here.
>
> Depending on where you accommodation is (i,e, Argentiere etc.) this might be the best option as in-valley transport is not great.

How is a free bus service not that great?

Alpy bus is my recommendation.
In reply to goose299:
Yes yes, there's a free bus and if youre organised and arrive in the middle of the day then I'm sure you could drag your ski bag and suitcase onto the bus rammed with skiers to a bus stop somewhere in the vicinity of your accommodation.

Good luck getting the free bus from Vallorcine to the train station for a 4am pickup though...

I'm not saying don't use Easybus, more trying to get across that you need to consider the fact the drop off and pick up is the centre of Chamonix which may, or may not be ideal.
Post edited at 10:07

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...