UKC

Boots resoled?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euge 02 Mar 2015
Where is the best place to get winter mountaineering boots resoled/?

Cheers
Euge
 CurlyStevo 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Euge:

Which boots?
OP Euge 02 Mar 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Meindl Air Revolution 9.0
 CurlyStevo 02 Mar 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

OK I guess quite a few places will do the work. Nepals your opions are more limited especially if you want the midsole doing.

Feet first could atleast be a good place to start.
Lusk 02 Mar 2015
In reply to Forester3:

Just picked up my Scarpa SLs resoled today, looking good.
See how they get on once I start battering them!

To Euge, give them a ring, they're nice and helpful.
 marcel 06 Mar 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

What would you suggest for La Sportiva Nepal? I need mine resoled.
Thanks for suggestions!
Marcel
 caradoc 06 Mar 2015
In reply to Euge: I used Lancashire Sport Repairs for some Meindl boots and I thought it was a good service, recommended.

KA 07 Mar 2015
In reply to Euge:

I've had a number of winter boots, including a pair of Scapa Phantom Guides resoled by Cheshire Shoe Repairs www.cheshireshoe.co.uk and been very impressed by their service and turn around times.
 rossn 10 Mar 2015
In reply to Euge:
I had my Nepal Tops done twice by Tiso. And on one occasion, I can't remember whether it was the first or second time of resoling, I got the mid sole and rubber rand replaced (£70) but it was a while ago. They were like new boots, they genuinely felt like new. And I have only recently retired them after about 15 or 16 years because my feet spread a little and I had to go up 1/2 a continental size. Worth getting them done I would say if you like your boots. In actually fact I tried them on at the weekend and I reckon the soles were a bit stiffer than my new Nepal Extremes.

RN
Post edited at 16:16

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...