UKC

Crag stop-offs in France/Spain en-route to El Chorro, Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 purple sue 19 Mar 2015
I'll be travelling down through France next week, from Portsmouth to El Chorro, with a slight deviation to Paris/Font along the way. Can anyone recommend some good safe stop-off places en-route for parking up for overnight breaks. A crag might be nice, though I'll have no climbing partner, but will be looking for something that's not too far off a main route to keep deviations to a minimum. Thanks for any help,
Sue
 jon 19 Mar 2015
In reply to purple sue:

If you leave Fontainbleau in the morning you'll be in Spain in the evening! Via Michelin suggests 8 hours to the border.
Did you see my last post on your resoling thread?
 RickGrundy 19 Mar 2015
In reply to purple sue:

Eight hours? It's 1800km!

Chateauxvert is a great crag in Southern France and the carpark across the road has a composting toilet. There's "no campervan" signs there, but we stayed in a laybay half a mile down the road for a few nights with no issues.

Mula is a good crag in the Southern Costa Blanca, about half an hour from Murcia. We van-camped there, nice and remote.

Also stopped over at Archidona, only 5 minutes from the motorway but it's only a few hours from El Chorro so you're almost there by then.

Good luck. Rick
 jon 19 Mar 2015
In reply to RickGrundy:

> Eight hours? It's 1800km!

No it's not. It's 900km to the border - not to El Chorro!
OP purple sue 20 Mar 2015
Thanks very much for the suggestions. Will check those out now. Very useful.
Jon thanks for the continued input into the resoling quest for info.

Sue

In reply to purple sue:

There's always Ceou, in the Dordogne.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...