UKC

Big wall climbing in Norway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mtom91 22 Mar 2015
Hi,

I am looking to plan a big wall trip to Norway next summer for around a month, does anybody have any recommendations for routes and mountains? We are looking for multi and single day routes, aid and free. We were thinking of something up to E2/A2. I am not set on a particular area so am completely open to travelling wherever.

Thank you in advance.
 HeMa 23 Mar 2015
In reply to mtom91:

There are numerous places, some that spring to mind are Kjerag, Romsdal and Kvalöya.

Though not sure if there are any routes on Kjerag that go free @ E2 (~NOR 6/+ I think).

Romsdal has a bunch, and the "big" price there is Mongenjura Sud pillar (~NOR 6), a really long day.

Blåmannen in Kvalöya as a bunch of aid routes, that are also climbed free. But I think the easiest ones are 7b+ or so, so not in your free range. Migth go at A2 or A3, but to be honest most of the Blåmannen routes are now climbed either clean or at the very least hammerless, mainly because they are free climbs now. How ever, nearby you have Baugen and others, so a a bunch of routes in your range.

Lofoten might have some stuff for ya for free climbing (Presten, Helvetestinden) as would stuff near and on Stetind nearby. Not so sure about aid climbs, though.

But majority of the stuff I've listed are one day affairs. In fact, generally only the hard (A3/4) routes take longer than one day on Blåmannen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...