UKC

Shoe goo or Sugru?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich L 27 Mar 2015
I have a pair of rock shoes that have got a hole on the sole under the forefoot, as well as some wear to the toes, but are far too gone in the uppers to make a resole worthwhile.

For a cheap fix, which will be most effective: shoe goo or Sugru?

Or is there something better put there?

Cheers, Rich
 The Lemming 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Rich L:
No idea about shoe goo as I have never seen it. However I have used Sugru.

Sugru is an excellent product for moulding around stuff but sadly it has limited friction capabilities in the way that you want to perform with rubber of a rock shoe.

Sorry.
Post edited at 12:29
 cymjt 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Rich L:

shoogoo will certainly stick it together, it's friction is also questionable, however...
 yodadave 27 Mar 2015
In reply to cymjt:

layers and layers of 5.10 stealth rubber paint?
 The Norris 27 Mar 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

I tried fixing some shoes with shoe goo. It looked ok, but quickly peeled off when put to action. The friction was also very poor.
 blurty 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Rich L:

Shoogoo is super slick, you can however dab the repair firmly in sand to embed the grains

Works for a while

Sugru could work in the same way I expect
 climber34neil 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Rich L:

I've had very good results with shoo goo ( did a particularly good repair on my winter boots! If you have some old rubber or shoes that are ready for the bin you can grind the rubber of them and mix it into the shoo goo , that seems to get pretty good results
 nniff 28 Mar 2015
In reply to Rich L:

How about a patch of self-amalgamating rubber tape stuck on with Seam Grip. If you haven't got any you should have. Tape from Screwfix, Seam Grip from Millets or a decent outdoor shop
OP Rich L 28 Mar 2015
In reply to all:

Many thanks for all your replies.

Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...