UKC

Evolv Defy shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 esoteric 01 Apr 2015
Anyone got any input on how the sizing for Evolv shoes comes up? True to size, tight or loose?
 jkarran 01 Apr 2015
In reply to esoteric:

Try some on. Can't remember enough to help with the sizing but I can say they end up very soft soled once broken in, I love em but my feet are too weak these days.

jk
 Mr Trebus 01 Apr 2015
In reply to jkarran:

> Try some on. Can't remember enough to help with the sizing but I can say they end up very soft soled once broken in, I love em but my feet are too weak these days.

> jk

The also stink out a lot quicker and stronger than any other shoe I have ever had.
 The Potato 01 Apr 2015
In reply to esoteric:
funny that mine dont smell at all unlike my previous 5.10s

sizing seems true to size, but that all depends on your foot shape, no way of telling untill you try them on
Post edited at 13:03
 cha1n 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Pesda potato:

These were my first climbing shoes. First pair were Street shoe size, second pair were down a size.
In reply to esoteric: I size 1/2 a size down.

However, as mentioned they are a VERY soft shoe and offer negligible support in the larger sizes. That said they are amazingly comfortable.

Street 01 Apr 2015
In reply to esoteric:

I've got the Defy lace version in a 10 and I'm a 9. Perfectly comfortable for me to wear all day but I don't climb anything that hard.. Only up to VS. My Bandits I use for bouldering I have in an 8.5 and they stink like anything, my Defys don't smell at all!
 Andypeak 02 Apr 2015
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:

Soft? Mine are the stiffest shoes Ive ever owned.
 jkarran 02 Apr 2015
In reply to andy.smythe:

> Soft? Mine are the stiffest shoes Ive ever owned.

Only ever owned Defys?
jk
 The Potato 02 Apr 2015
In reply to jkarran:

id say they are a medium stiffness/softness and thats in size 11.5 uk
 Jon Stewart 02 Apr 2015
In reply to esoteric:

Lovely comfy pottering shoes that are a bit like they're made of cheese (think cheddar rather than brie). They stink to high heaven and first mold to the shape of your foot shortly before your toe pokes through the end. This process takes a couple of weeks of you're climbing a lot.
 Andy Morley 03 Apr 2015
In reply to esoteric:

Mine are great, 8.5/ 42.5 and tight though not uncomfortable whereas my Meindl walking boots are 7.5, also good fit. So far, these rock boots have lasted about a year, still no probs, I climb indoors twice a week and outdoors a few times a month.
 sjminfife 03 Apr 2015
In reply to esoteric:

Same as shoe size for me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...