UKC

Climbing Romania

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 edthesnail 08 Apr 2015
I am in the process of planning a trip to Romania this (September) and we are planning to head to busteni and surrounding areas, we have transport and hope to get some of the large walls done. I have been to the area before and have accommodation sorted, but I am struggling to find much info at all other than ice climbing videos? can anyone give me any pointers or any links please?

Ed
 scott titt 09 Apr 2015
In reply to edthesnail:
Contact this guy, tell him you got his details from me. Speaks good English and is a passionate trad climber https://www.facebook.com/laur.anghel?fref=nf
 verticon 11 Apr 2015
In reply to scott titt:
Yup, do as the man said ! I'm that guy and i'll help you yith all the info you need after April 21st, when I'll be back from a climbing trip in Varassova. Greece
(Hi Scott, glad to hear from you !)
Post edited at 09:58
OP edthesnail 13 Apr 2015
In reply to scott titt:

Cheers Scott thanks for the link we plan to get First ascent in on the big wall at busteni providing we can get a permit if we pull it off I will send you some pics, thanks once again Scott

Ed
OP edthesnail 13 Apr 2015
In reply to verticon:

Hi laur following the link Scott sent me we are planning to come to Romania in the third week of September we fly into cluj napoca and will have a jeep and all our own kit. We hope to get a few multi pitch routes in around busteni on the big walls around peles castle? and then explore at bit we can camp or stay in hotels? we both climb up to 6c and 7a on a good day so we are open to suggestion Laur, I spent a few days in and around Bran and the year before we travelled the length of Romania so we are aware of lots of options.
I have to be in baia mare for the 27th of September for a training course but other than that we are very flexible and can work around must things, I love the food and the people and if this sounds like something you could help please send me a mail and we can plan something together, I have a friend who is Romanian and that's who I am meeting in baia mare so translation or sourcing is fine,

Ed
 verticon 20 Apr 2015
In reply to edthesnail:

Hi, I'm back from Greece and now I can help you plan your trip to Romania. Please, mail me at verticon_ro (at) yahoo.com
Cheers,
Laurentiu
OP edthesnail 28 Apr 2015
In reply to verticon:

Hi I am currently in spain climbing I arrive back in the uk tomorrow and over the next few days I will send you dates and times when we will be in Romania,

Ed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...