UKC

Best place for correct fitting road shoes around Manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris fox 10 Apr 2015
My old roadshoes are giving me numb little toes, a friend suggested it's probably because they are wrong fitting/shape for my feet.
So, rather than just get a pair off the net that may reproduce the same effects does anyone on here know of shops where they match the shoes to your feet (a bit like some of the running shops do it for running shoes).
I know the likes of Evans have shoes but i don't want to ring round every shop asking. I'm hoping someone on here has some insight.

Thanks

Chris
 LastBoyScout 10 Apr 2015
In reply to chris fox:

Bike shops around here have a pitiful selection of shoes in my size to try on, so I've tended to buy a few pairs from somewhere like CRC or Wiggle and send back the ones that don't fit - free returns.

What are you wearing at the moment? Sounds like you need something with a wider fit - Shimano and Sidi can be ordered in wide, NorthWave come up quite wide. I was surprised how wide Diadora and Gaerne are, considering they're Italian.
OP chris fox 10 Apr 2015
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Thanks LBS for the tip on free returns. My shoes are shimano's, i'll look into wider fitting shoes
 The Grist 10 Apr 2015
In reply to chris fox:

I bought some a couple of months ago at Evans Cycles next to the snowdome (Trafford centre). They had a good selection. Steer away from Decathalon unless you just want a very basic model. Incidentally it is worth noting that Evans do price match wiggle. So go try them on then go get a coffee and google the shoes then get the price match!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...