UKC

Tafraout guidebooks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nick Russell 10 Apr 2015
Going to Morocco on Tuesday, so very short notice. Would anybody be willing to lend me the pocket guides for the Tafraout area? Preferably in/near Bristol, so that I can collect them on time. My mate has the new Morocco Rock book, but there's no such thing as too many guidebooks, right?
Removed User 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Nick Russell:

Just come back from Tafraout and noticed that the Hotel Amandiers has the mini guides for sale at the reception.
OP Nick Russell 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Removed UserMike Rhodes:

Thanks, that's useful info. Hope you had a good trip!
 Martin Bennett 10 Apr 2015

If you have Morocco Rock and download and print the latest update from their website (£5) you'll have all the crags and routes in "The North" so should only need either the definitive or pocket select from Oxford Alpine for the Ameln Valley in the South. As Mike has pointed out, at least the pocket one can be bought in Tafraout.
Or I can lend you mine (the definitive one) for the price of postage (both ways) if you think there's time to get it to you.
Better still just go climbing in Ameln Valley with the original Claude Davies guide - guaranteed adventure!
Have a great trip.
 BALD EAGLE 11 Apr 2015

Hi Rusty I've dug the road map out from all our house moving plastic crates so see thee at work on Monday!
Cheers Baldy
Removed User 11 Apr 2015
In reply to Martin Bennett:

Hi Martin. Didn't manage to catch up with you before I had to leave for the airport. Hope that your last few days in Tafraout were enjoyable. managed to do the White Tower with Mike M and what a superb rout it was, probably the best I have done in the area. Do you remember the two guys on the CC meet who fell off on the second pitch? They had tried to traverse way too low but I managed to recover a bit of their gear if you know who they are.
Hopefully will catch up soon.
Mike
OP Nick Russell 11 Apr 2015

Thanks for the advice. Martin, I don't think there's time for the postage now but thanks for the offer. BE, I'll be in on Monday to collect the map!
 Andy Chubb 13 Apr 2015

Hi Mike, It was myself and Guy who abbed off the White Tower. Thanks for recovering some of our gear. It was only bail out tat that we left behind so probably not worth the cost of postage or your time and effort, so feel free to add it to your collection of tat. We'll be back to have another go at the route, either later this year or next March.
Thanks again
Andy
 Martin Bennett 14 Apr 2015

Hiya Mike. Last few days of more typical weather were indeed enjoyed, thanks. Finally got the conditions to show Simon what we've all been raving about for years! By the way it's worth going back to White Tower for the Direct - it sounds like a variation but is a totally separate climb and at least as good as Original.
The lads who left gear there were Andy and Guy who we've met there or at The Kasbah often. Reprehensibly I haven't been communicative enough to get contact details for either of them. Cheers. Look forward to our next meeting.

Second reply Mike - I scrolled down and found Andy had already spotted your comment and commented re left gear.
By the way I see there's a new guide to N Spain being marketed - Roca Verde. Any of it near enough to you to be of interest? I beg forgiveness for my ignorance of (a) your whereabouts and (b) the geog of Northern Spain in general, though I have enjoyed a couple of trips to Lleida area and a day each at Riglos and Vadiello.
In reply to Andy Chubb:

Hope to catch up with you and Guy again next trip, Andy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...