UKC

Anything decent within a hike of Capel Y Ffin?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve nevers 14 Apr 2015
Anyone know of any bouldering or trad spots around this way? Going to be up there for a week at the start of May so was hoping there might be something worth bouldering on at least, seeing as we have no electric would be nice to find something out to have a play on.

Had a look on the crag pages but nothing 'pinned' within a days trek (there and back, with time to climb) listed on there. Going to have a nose about while i'm there so if theres any nice finds i'll report back, just hoping some friendly locals might be able to help me out before I steal all your projects! :P
pasbury 14 Apr 2015
In reply to Steve nevers:

I have a vague recollection of some bouldering being reported at Cwmyoy (Martin Crocker may have been involved) but the rock in the Black Mountains is pretty rubbish generally.
Nice walk though so it might be worth checking it out.
 The Pylon King 14 Apr 2015

Yes, Hatterrall Hill, Cwmyoy 7miles from Capel Y Ffin has some 7m high sanstone developed by Mr Crocker and in his Forest of Dean Sandstone book.
 d_b 16 Apr 2015

The rock around there is mostly choss - it's walking territory really.

There's plenty of stuff within driving distance though.
OP Steve nevers 18 Apr 2015

Thought it may be gash up there climbing-wise due to the vast blank area on the cragpages!

Cheers anyhow though, might have a look at Cymyoy if I get a chance, otherwise might just treat it as a rest week and climb hard the week before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...