UKC

Question for Sheffield dwellers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mowglee 14 Apr 2015
Does anyone know or live in Beauchief? It is so much cheaper than the more trendy areas like Nether Edge, Whirlow, Fulwood and Ranmoor. Been for a quick look round and it seems ok - no marauding gangs of pissed up youths, no boarded up houses etc. Is it cheaper just because it's further out from the city, or is there anything particularly wrong with it?

Cheers,
 ro8x 14 Apr 2015
In reply to Mowglee:

If anything i'd say it is nicer than Nether Edge on the whole!

Quite easy to get out into the peak from there too.
 Jon Stewart 14 Apr 2015
In reply to Mowglee:

Nice area.

Nether Edge is central and convenient, leafy and full of character, with some really big, old houses. . In comparison, Beaucheif is further out, more suburban and blander - hence cheaper. Fullwood and Ranmoor are posh areas: Nick Clegg country used to be one of the wealthiest Tory constituencies around.
 robert-hutton 14 Apr 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:
We live in bents green and has a nice community feel a small shopping centre and great schools, houses are not over expensive but don't often come up on the market market.
And best of all its a short run into the peak
Post edited at 20:19
OP Mowglee 14 Apr 2015

Sounds good, thanks!
Post edited at 20:23
 Alyson 14 Apr 2015
In reply to Mowglee:

I used to live there and can confirm it's very pleasant. (Don't forget that some of the more expensive areas also have sought-after schools, which hikes the house prices up.)
 TobyA 14 Apr 2015
In reply to Mowglee:

> Does anyone know or live in Beauchief?

I don't but I drive through whenever I'm going out to the Peak. I thought of it as quite a posh area, there are some very nice houses Abbey lane for example. Lots of Lib Dem posters round there too, which I guess is the Sheffield equivalent of Tory!
 Axel Smeets 15 Apr 2015
In reply to Mowglee:

I work in Beauchief and can confirm all the nice things that have been said about the area on this thread. Nice place.
 Jenny C 15 Apr 2015
In reply to Mowglee:

Nothing wrong with Beauchief.
Probably the main downside over the areas you mention are is that it doesn't feed into what are generally seen as the "best" schools.
 Chris the Tall 15 Apr 2015
In reply to Mowglee:

> Does anyone know or live in Beauchief? It is so much cheaper than the more trendy areas like Nether Edge, Whirlow, Fulwood and Ranmoor.

Is it ? Can't see why. With Dore station so close, plus all the lovely woodland I'd have thought it would be very desirable. Very good if you're a cyclist or a runner - some excellent trails and easy to get into the peak. There's even a golf course if you're that way inclined
 deepsoup 15 Apr 2015
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> Is it ? Can't see why.

I guess it would be to do with schools. A certain kind of affluent buyer probably wouldn't want little Hugo mingling with the oiks from Woodseats. ;O)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...