UKC

Round 3: weekend biking thread

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveriley 19 Apr 2015
Since the original has been archived ...
[Pokes old thread for signs of life. Dormant, possibly ready to come out of hibernation]

Last ditch attempt to get my mate James ready for the Fred Whitton - he got a place I didn't ...it was my idea
60 miles and 6500' of climbing around N Cheshire, which if you count the contours round here, is a triumph of ingenuity and pig-headedness. Lots of repping, early start, no time for a caff stop, back in time for family stuff. Very satisfying in a dumb kind of way. Nice to have a bit of sunshine in the air, the layers are dropping off and I was down to shorts and summer mitts on Friday. Lovely.

You?
 Toby_W 19 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:
Cornwall Tor, 55 miles into the wind over Bodmin moor then 56 miles back down the coast up every 1/3 cliff face they could find. Who puts a 1/3 hill at 101 miles? 9000ft of climbing, I was not fast nor will I be for the rest of the week.
On the whole, gorgeous day. Wish your friend well in the Fred!

Cheers

Toby
Post edited at 18:52
 Bob 19 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Was thinking of starting the new edition ...

Good luck to your mate for the Fred.

Saturday I did a 133Km mountain bike ride through the Dales - https://app.strava.com/activities/287921720 - it was getting a bit late by the time I got to Gargrave so I called out International Rescue. I'm doing this http://riderscyclecentre.com/yorkshiredales300/ at the end of June and need to get fit. Gulp! A strong headwind on the way out (full length jersey), turned round and it was down to short sleeves.

Today we were going to head over Kidstones then back round via Coverdale and Park Rash. Got as far as Kidstones battling up the Dale in to a nasty head wind, at which point we said sod it and turned round and went to Zarina's cafe in Kettlewell then headed back via Arncliffe Cote and Malham. Another 95Km
 climbingpixie 19 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Not much biking this weekend, just a short Stainburn session this evening. Nice to find it all a lot more rideable than I remembered, and the new climbs are miles better than the old slog up the path.

Good luck to your mate and good of you to get him out when you haven't got a place. I've ridden it the last 2 years and will be marshaling on the course this year - fingers crossed for some decent weather!
 shantaram 19 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Nice and dry conditions in the Lake District for mountain biking, so on Saturday cycled up to Skiddaw house and down Mosedale. Today started in Pooley bridge then over Askham fell, up to Loadpoat hill, descent to the Cockpit and down to Howtown. Great dusty trails at the moment. Both of these routes are so much better in dry conditions. Long may it last.
In reply to SteveRi:

First century of the year at a shade under 15.5mph-- Southport CC's 3rd Sunday 'B' group ride to Knott End - then a cheeky wee loop through my local lanes to get the hundred up. Mostly flat so I was still capable of standing afterwards. If I say so myself, not too bad for an OAP.
 Kimono 19 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

relatively easy but hot sunday morning ride here in the Caribbean...mercury tipping 40C on the last climb.

now home and rehydrating
 Bob 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Kimono:

> relatively easy but hot sunday morning ride here in the Caribbean...mercury tipping 40C on the last climb.

Now, look ...
 coinneach 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

Not been on a bike properly for quite a few years but have committed myself to riding 100 miles per week for a month to see where it takes me.

Two weeks in and going well but I have three uphill finishes to my house. The two easiest are 14% so my wee legs are a bit tired after 25 miles on Friday and Saturday.

IMA 20 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

30 miles with a friend who is new to the sport on Saturday, pleasant but Christ I made a mistake by missing out on the warmers.
Sunday was a quick 70 miles into Cheshire, cafe stop at Walk Mill. Just trying to get the bust ankle into some form of shape for Mallorca. It will manage whatever, but always want too push myself. Grey day so the warmers stayed on.

In reply to SteveRi:

Good ride out with the SCC today (until I got dropped before Longridge as usual). They had a cafe stop at Chipping - where the service is notoriously slow - particularly for a group of ten - so a mate and I pushed on to Dunsop Bridge where we got served quickly and had ticked #75 Trough of Bowland (the hard side in to the teeth of a block headwind) and were halfway to Scorton before the main group caught up with us. Back home via Harris End and Bell Lane then the 'A' team dropped us on the way to Preston when they started 'big ringing it'. ( they show no respect to OAPs). A very pleasant and sunny 80 miles in the legs at just under 15mph.
 Mike Highbury 26 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi: Alejandro Valverde has taken up my time today.

Removed User 26 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Etape Loch Ness. Great route and event, tougher imho than the Caledonia, though that might have been the weather. Just under 4hrs which I'm happy with seeing as I'd done next to no training.
OP steveriley 26 Apr 2015
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

> ticked #75 Trough of Bowland (the hard side in to the teeth of a block headwind)

Good tick without the headwind

More to keep my mate happy than anything, I chased up the Fred Whitton folk on Saturday 'don't suppose you've got any late cancellations?' ...they may have some late cancellations. Yikes! So... has anyone got any experience of dragging their sorry ass around the Fred in a totally un-prepared state?

Longest ride recently has been 60 miles and about 6000' ...so about Half a Fred. I've got a bit of form in bodging through big-ish events without enough training, but hoping it's not a Bodge Too Far.

Quick 3000' of climbing yesterday tea-time as a bit of late insurance.
 Run_Ross_Run 26 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Did all the routes in Afan mtb centre on Saturday morning. The Wall, Penhydd and Blue Scar. 40km with 1100mtrs of climbing.

Next challenge is all the routes in glyncorrwg.

Bob 26 Apr 2015
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Went on an invite ride with Garstang CC on Saturday - the aim was to do Great Dun Fell plus a few more "lumps" on the way back. It was snowing on the summit of GDF! and by the time we got back down to the bottom of the hill we were soaked through and chilled. At the cafe stop in Kirkby Stephen we made the decision to head straight back to Sedbergh. Snow was lying down as far as Lamp Moss our next intended "lump" so we probably chose right. Still did 112Km.

Went for a very dry MTB ride today with my wife: Appletreewick over to Pateley Bridge and back. Lovely and clear but there was a distinctly cool wind, it was fine out of the wind but you didn't want to hang around in it.
Removed User 26 Apr 2015
In reply to Bob:

> Went on an invite ride with Garstang CC on Saturday -

They're a good lot. Met them in St Jean de Maurienne campsite a couple of years back. They helped my other half when she crashed in a tunnel coming off the Col de la Croix de Fer a couple of years back.
 balmybaldwin 26 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Spent the weekend building my bike shed/workshop finally I wont have to strip my hubs in the lounge!
 coinneach 26 Apr 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Been working this weekend but managed to keep up my challenge through the week.

3 x weeks

300 miles.
 nniff 26 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Big fail. Put bike in car to drive down to club ride (drizzling, and I hate a cold wet restart after the end-of-ride-cafe). Free-wheel seemed a bit sticky as I wheeled bike out to the car, but I thought maybe the shifter had been knocked while it was in the garage. Thought nothing more of it, until I swung a leg over in the car park only to discover that the hub had packed up completely - no drive, just spinning uselessly. Said 'hello and goodbye' and spent the morning salvaging a viable wheel out of bits. Fortunately, it was the winter bike rather than the shiny one.
 LastBoyScout 27 Apr 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Sum total of my biking this weekend was establishing the rear hub on my new (via eBay) hybrid needs a complete strip and rebuild and fitting a computer, which is disappointing for a bike with hardly any use. Will be down at the bike shop this lunchtime for new bearings, as supposed to be riding to Wales on it with no training in a month's time.

Would have got more done, but painting the kitchen is taking longer than expected - still, I get to cycle to work 2 days this week.
 wilkesley 27 Apr 2015
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Had to take my daughter to a DofE route planning day in Chester on Saturday. Left the car in a Park and Ride and cycled back to Whitchurch. Got soaked in a rainstorm just as I set off from Chester. Dried out by Malpas only to get soaked again about 3 miles from Whitchurch. Went into Sainsbury's cafe for lunch and managed to dry out a bit. After lunch set off back to Chester along Route 45, only to get another soaking somewhere round Bickerton. Total ride about 90km.

Got back home to find out that it had hardly rained all day and they had happily been sowing spring barley.

There is a new Evans cycle store next to the new Waitrose in Chester. It's not open yet, but judging by the size of the unit, it will be big.
OP steveriley 04 May 2015
In reply to wilkesley:

Went past that Evans today, hope it doesn't nudge out The Edge down the road. Biking-wise I foolishly accepted a cancellation in the Fred Whitton next week - too late to panic about training, so panicked about equipment instead. Woke up early fretting about bottom gear. A bit of faff later and stuck a 28 cassette on. 20 mile ride to check everything works. Similar ride with more hills Saturday.
 coinneach 04 May 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Bit of a fail on my 100 mpw challenge last week due to mental weather.

Cycled through a blizzard on Monday but will make it up ( hopefully ) this week being on holiday.

Did 34 miles today with a monster climb but was rewarded with 9 miles of downhill.
 Bob 04 May 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Nothing on Saturday!

Sunday we rode over to Goose Eye to watch the Tour of Yorkshire - at least those at the back made it look hard

Today my missus wanted to get some miles in as she's doing a long two day ride in a few weeks. Halfway up Wharfedale - "Where are we going?", "I thought we'd do Park Rash" https://app.strava.com/segments/6687990 "Gulp!" At the cafe stop in Castle Bolton: "How are we getting back?", "I thought Fleet Moss" https://app.strava.com/segments/6687966

Back home having done 147Km with 2500 metres of ascent and she's knackered
 coinneach 04 May 2015
In reply to Bob:

Knackered?

I'm not surprised. I'm knackered just thinking about it.
 climbingpixie 04 May 2015
In reply to Bob:

On Friday I took the day off to watch the TdY. Drove to Hutton le Hole and cycled round to Blakey Ridge to wait for the riders, getting bloody freezing in the process. Did a shortish loop around the Moors, with the highlight being the climb onto Egton Moor and the low point being too crap to ride up Rosedale Chimney and having to have a brief push on the ramp.

Today I dragged my MTB out and had fun on the Borrowdale Bash. Plenty of pushing, lots of sketchy descending and a few minor offs. Brilliant loop though and it was lovely once the sun decided to stay out.
 Bob 04 May 2015
In reply to climbingpixie:

We used to live at Thorgill along the road opposite The White Horse on the way up Chimney Bank, only ever done it on an MTB.

There's a brilliant loop round Rosedale on the MTB though it needs to be dry for the bit going past Cropton to get to Appleton, features fairly regularly in various forms in the magazines.
 climbingpixie 04 May 2015
In reply to Bob:

I'm using the excuse that my bike is new and feels a bit weird and I'm really out of practice on the roadie... Would probably have been ok on a MTB, certainly Honister felt pretty easy today with a load of low gears - I didn't even need to stand up!

I'm keen to go back for a rematch at some point though, in fact all the riding around there was marvellous and I don't know why I've never gone up that way. I'll look up that MTB route as well as I've been really enjoying getting out on it this year - after ignoring it in favour of road riding for a couple of years I've rediscovered exactly how much fun it is!
 Chris the Tall 05 May 2015
In reply to climbingpixie:

> On Friday I took the day off to watch the TdY. Drove to Hutton le Hole and cycled round to Blakey Ridge to wait for the riders, getting bloody freezing in the process. Did a shortish loop around the Moors, with the highlight being the climb onto Egton Moor and the low point being too crap to ride up Rosedale Chimney and having to have a brief push on the ramp.

It wasn't warm was it ? How long were you up there for ? We went through at bout 12:30 and were amazed by how many people were already waiting. The descent into Castleton from there is just stunning though. As was the bit into and through Whitby, which is where the race caught up with us.

I've done the Chimney twice - once on an MTB, once on a road bike with MTB-ish gears (can't remember if it's a 28 or 32T cassette on the back, 34T on the front) and sheer stubbornness has got me up, but on both occasions half my mates have had to push. Have you tried Caper Hill at the top end of Glaisdale ? I reckon it's worse, not quite as steep, but there's more of it in that killer zone.
In reply to Bob:

> There's a brilliant loop round Rosedale on the MTB though it needs to be dry for the bit going past Cropton to get to Appleton, features fairly regularly in various forms in the magazines.

I can also recommend not doing that loop in a blizzard ! Those moors are pretty featureless when there's snow on the ground, zero visibility and all you've got is a photocopy of the map. Fortunately we managed to find our way back to the road, and then to the pub. Leaving it was difficult.
 Escher 05 May 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Superb day on my MTB in the South and West Lakes: starting in Grizedale, a bit of the NFT across to Parkamoor and High Nibthwaite for the epic descent, Water Yeat and Blawith Fell singletrack to Broughton Moor and onto Stephenson ground. A semi-push above Dunnerdale to Walna Scar and the even more epic descent to Coniston. Then back into the forest, over Carron Crag, down the river bed to the centre and over to go down the Fox, back up the Great Wood bridleway, down Breasty Haws, back over to Low Park and then straight down steep singletrack straight to the car. 7700 feet in 45 miles. Still grinning.
 Pagan 05 May 2015
In reply to Chris the Tall:

I don't think the Chimney is that bad; the key is not overextending yourself on the lower bit up to the hairpins so you've got enough power left to just shut your eyes and go once you hit the ramp. It also helps if you don't approach it from the other side of the valley from where it looks absolutely terrifying! Did Caper Hill the other week; didn't think it was as bad as its reputation suggests - it's certainly very steep low down but once you're over the cattle grid it eases all the way to the top. I think Boltby Bank gave me the hardest time of any of the hills around there - the ramp at the top of that is evil!

Yesterday I did my last day of Fred preparation - got dropped in Keswick then followed the route as far as Cockley Beck before swinging off down the Duddon and over the Stickle Pike road into Broughton Mills. Finished off through Broughton and over the Kirkby Moor back to Ulverston. Only a bit over 80 miles but more chevrons than you get on the day itself. My knees hurt today...
In reply to Escher:

Done similar circuits from Elterwater - you can pack in a lot of brilliant riding and it seems a logical loop, but it's a hell of a long day ! Last year I decided to avoid the boggy slog up from Dunnerdale and drop down to Seathwaite before Walna Scar - not my best idea as I was already knackered before even starting the climb.
 Escher 05 May 2015

Yeah, there are so many good trails round there, I'm so lucky having it just up the road.

Going down to Seathwaite was my original plan but glad I didn't. Did a similar route the other week but it included an epic push over Whitfell and Corney Fell to access the world's worst descent (it wasn't my idea) before going over Hardknott and onto the bottom of Walna Scar. After 50 miles of hard riding I was properly in bits pushing all the way up to the top and was delighted to discover my back brake had decided to give up so I ended up pushing my bike down a fair way as well! Was not best pleased to have done the push to miss out on the descent but I was so knackered I probably would've crashed anyway. The steep road section into Coniston was terrifying with just a front brake.

My riding partner whose route it was decided on a shortcut back to the car which involved a good 10 miles of meandering around Grizedale fire tracks. Needed a good couple of days off after that one. He did a 100 mile road ride the next day!
 chris fox 05 May 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Took a ride from my home in Bramhall up to Windgather - 5 quick solo's - and played cat and mouse with the HGV's along the A6 back home.

killer uphill through Potts Shirgley and up to Kettleshulme which i thought i was coping with pretty well untill some 'Tour de Cheshire' guy came cruising past me ! Legs burning the top was a welcome relief. 600m climb in 22 km's was more than enough pain for the afternoon !

Bob 05 May 2015
In reply to Escher:

We did a similar loop last year but starting from Blawith and missing out the drop in to Grizedale Forest - means you get Parkamoor and the descent to Nibthwaite right at the end. That bridleway from the top of the Lickle Valley round to the Walna Scar track had some really boggy sections and that was after a month or so of no rain. Still, that's part of riding away from trail centres.

Rick W says you've got a ride planned for the end of the month - might head over for it. Hopefully better weather than the Great Dun Fell ride!
 Run_Ross_Run 05 May 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Did the Dyfi Enduro on Sunday.

59km with 1800mtrs of mud infested climbing.

Awesome event, will still be cleaning the mud off in about a months time.
In reply to Escher:

> Was not best pleased to have done the push to miss out on the descent but I was so knackered I probably would've crashed anyway.

Know that feeling. In my case I got to the top only to discover that I'd let too much air out of my forks, so likewise had to take it easy. And on my previous trip I'd managed to rip a sidewall.

I've got a feeling that track up from Seathwaite would be largely rideable if you were fresh (Bob - have you done it ?) but was so close to the limit that you just can't get going when you're knackered. All of which makes it all the more frustrating. Maybe I should drive round next time, but that just seems wrong !
 Bob 05 May 2015

No, I don't think I've ever even walked all the way up the Walna Scar track from that side. Starting from the halfway point where the Stephenson Ground BW meets it I got to the final bend before blowing up! I was very new to my 1x10 setup though so might be able to do it now. The upper half has largely grassed over but the lower half looks like it didn't get bedded in before parts were washed out so might be tricky.
 alisonk 05 May 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

I had the privilege of racing in the Womens Tour De Yorkshire on Sat around York, surprised myself by still being with the bunch at the end as I haven't even done a National before and being the wrong side of 40.

Monday a loop from Ilkley to Hebden Bridge to get in some hill practice.
 Bob 05 May 2015
In reply to alisonk:

Kudos to you.

As mentioned by the TV commentators it was a pity there wasn't more coverage of the women's race apart from the finish. Given the "This girl can" campaign you would have thought that it was an ideal opportunity.
 Escher 06 May 2015
In reply to Bob:

Yeah, was a bit boggy, didn't think it was too bad until I managed to get both hubs submerged. Both at the same time was probably preferable to just the front though as I guess I'd have been in for a dunking.

Not dead set on the route for the ride at the end of the month. The Calf will be quite weather dependent and ideally with a southerly or else I might do the ride I've been talking about above or another variation taking in the best bits of Grizedale. Would be great if you can come along.
 Escher 06 May 2015
In reply to Bob:

Yes, I would've liked to have seen much more of the race too.
 Escher 06 May 2015

I've only been up the whole of Walna Scar from the Seathwaite side the once and was properly jiggered as I said so couldn't ride it. Lower down until almost where the Stephenson Ground track joins it was quite loose and rocky, with decent sized rounded stones, bit like the hard bits of the Kentmere side of Garburn. The mate I was with said it had changed a lot since he was last there (a few years ago) and the lower section was much easier, less rocky and more akin to the higher section which has a fairly easy surface.

You need to be very fresh to tackle it in IMO and it would be a pretty tough challenge, still just about possible but a lot tougher than it used to be I think. Not sure if there's been a lot of material out down or whether the lack of 4 x 4's has seen it be like that or perhaps heav rain has brought more of it down from above.
 Bob 06 May 2015
In reply to Escher:

> Not dead set on the route for the ride at the end of the month. The Calf will be quite weather dependent and ideally with a southerly or else I might do the ride I've been talking about above or another variation taking in the best bits of Grizedale. Would be great if you can come along.

Gah! Just realised that I have to be in Ampleforth that afternoon so will do some riding over that way.

TobyA 10 May 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

I went for a ride this weekend, rather than a climb, which makes it an unusual event so need to post on this thread not the climbing "what did you do this weekend?" one! So, despite having been in Sheffield for nearly 9 months, I hadn't actually gone road biking yet. I've been doing a reasonable amount of kms commuting on my CX, but precious weekends have been spent climbing. A mate and long time climbing partner who has over the last 6 months become a MAMIL in a serious way persuaded me to ride instead. We didn't have too long due to family commitments, but did Grindleford to Castleton and back up over the moors. It was brilliant, lambs in all the fields, even a bit of sun. We were going to go up Wyniatts Pass but were running a bit short on time so just went back the same way, but all news roads to me so fine seeing the views in the two directions. Not very far, just under 40 kms but 800mtrs of ascent which seems respectable for a couple of hours ride. But we saw a bunch of Audaxers comes past us and looking it up, they were probably doing the Castleton Classic which is over 200 kms, so they had started down near Birmingham - respect! We then had a nice pub lunch having met the families in Grindleford. A good day, and I can see myself even giving up a few more climbing days to ride instead.
 Bob 10 May 2015
In reply to TobyA:

Went for a *very* windy ride above Swaledale today. It was so windy that my bike was being pushed around when lying on the ground. Did the rather ominously named "Gully of Death" down to the Gunnerside lead mines which I have to say I wasn't good or bold enough to ride the bottom half.
 coinneach 10 May 2015
In reply to TobyA:

Sneaky wee fifty miler on Friday and then thirty odd today.

I'm riding a forty mile "charity" ride next Sunday.

It's not a race

It's not a race

It's not a race

It's a fekin race!
In reply to SteveRi:

Found myself in Norfolk for a friend's wedding this weekend. Managed to squeeze in a 30 mile spin around the brutal hills of North Norfolk in the wind yesterday - lots of pleasant country lanes and an obscure 100 Climbs tick, and I got to try out my new wheels, which seemed very nice. Also decided for some reason that cycling back to my parents after the wedding was a sensible idea, so rode another 30 miles in the middle of the night down deserted misty lanes. All good fun, and a damn sight flatter than Sheffield.
OP steveriley 11 May 2015
Big one for me yesterday - Fred Whitton in the Lakes. 2000 of us belting around as many hills as possible. 112 miles and 13000' ish. Absolutely rotten weather out West, past Lowes Water, Ennerdale, Cold Fell. Blustery headwinds, lots of rain, a few snatch-the-wheel sideways gusts. Bricking it for Hard Knott and Wrynose - a while since I'd been over there so not sure what to expect. Hard Knott is truly mental - even the tarmac was having a job sticking to the hillside. Nice addition to the palmares

Removed User 11 May 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Respect. I did the Etape Caledonia yesterday, it rained for 90% of it and was pretty windy in places too. I got very chilled waiting at the start and never really warmed up properly, especially my legs which I couldn't get switched on. Must remember to put vaseline on the rubbers of my leg warmers, now I have a nice (and sore) red friction line across my thighs today. Even better, wear proper Roubaix longs!
 JohnnyW 12 May 2015
In reply to Removed User:

Yep, I did it too, and really did not enjoy it this year. I had been helping my wife go from not being a cyclist to doing the Etape in 16 weeks, and what a first time for the lass eh!? Mind, she finished it well ahead of the broom wagon, so I was proud of her.

I was 22 mins down on my best time, and pretty despondent until I got the results, and saw that despite that, it was only a matter of 7 places. Just showed how the conditions affected the times. (Well, for us 50+ mortals in the 700's, rather than the top boys at least).

And I was scared witless on the descents, passing a good few casualties to enforce it too.
Removed User 12 May 2015
In reply to JohnnyW:

I hope that poor lass (I think it was a lass) being tended by the medics at the hairpin after Tummel Bridge is only a bit battered and concussed. It didn't look good when I passed. Yeh the descents were a bit sketchy.

I was 20mins down on last year's time, yet last year I spent probably about 15-20mins at feed stations and this year I only stopped twice for a pee (3mins max). I felt I was cranking on pretty hard all the way, and I got in a good train on the Dull-Logierait section too. Shows the difference the weather makes.

I sort of enjoyed it...
OP steveriley 07 Jun 2015
Metric century and 1900m of climbing up some daft sections of cobbles around Cheshire and the Peak, Cheshire cobble classic. Leffe and a cobble at the finish
 Bob 07 Jun 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

A bikepacking trip on the northern half of the West Highland Way, let's just say that Saturday was damp and breezy!!! Today was much more pleasant. Around 78Km and 1800 metres of ascent.

Saturday was one of the roughest days I've been out on the hill but it wasn't as rough as forecast - don't think I'd have been able to ride over the Devil's Staircase in 45mph gusts.
 Chris the Tall 08 Jun 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

Less than 2 miles into what would have been a epic day....and my rear tyre exploded ! I'm guessing it was due to the fact it was a fairly old tyre and too much air - tubeless and I was expecting it to leak a bit - just not so soon and so early !

Not something that's ever happened to me before
In reply to SteveRi:

Pleasant 88 mile pootle ( mostly solo) through the Trough to Dunsop Bridge, via Bell Lane, Harris End and Marshaw - coming back via Little Bowland, Chipping, Inglewhite and Woodplumpton. First time this year with short sleeves on the way home. Razor sharp tan lines have made their annual appearance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...