UKC

Chamonix Partners Needed September

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bogpetre 19 Apr 2015
Hey all,

I'm looking to climb in Chamonix in September. I'm from the states but going on a work trip that will leave me in Munich at the end of the first week of September. I'd like to make my way to Chamonix for the rest of the month.

I lead 4s and follow 5s. I'm also comfortable leading WI3 and can follow to 5. My mixed climbing experience is limited. This will be my first trip to Chamonix, and I'm looking at routes in the AD range, but I have some prior alpine experience in the US Rockies, Sierra Nevada.

From what I've seen on various forums finding partners seems to be a problem for lots of people. If any of you guys are looking for a partner around that time, PM me. Also, any general advice regarding how/where to find partners would be appreciated.
 MuzzaSA 04 May 2015
In reply to bogpetre:

There is a 'partners looking' book in the mountain info room above the Guides office, be sure to find someone in there in September!
 goose299 04 May 2015
In reply to bogpetre:

Or maybe try chamsocial?
wildirishman 09 May 2015
In reply to bogpetre:

It is worthwhile noting that Chamonix begins to shut down after the first week in September. There are less people about to climb with. After the first week, finding a partner will become difficult.
 kenr 10 May 2015
In reply to bogpetre:
> From what I've seen on various forums finding partners seems
> to be a problem for lots of people.
Not sure what forums you're reading. I've read lots of forum threads for several years about climbing Europe. I surely have seen lots and lots of posts by people asking for partners, and I guess some afraid they won't find partners.

I cannot recall ever seeing a forum post saying anything like: "I stayed at Chamonix for a week during climbing season, and I had a bad time there -- because I tried some obvious ways to find partners, but none of those ways worked."

Ken
 solomonkey 10 May 2015
In reply to kenr:

I can
 Roberttaylor 10 May 2015
In reply to bogpetre:

If anyone can't find partners in Chamonix they must be socially challenged. Stay at a campsite, speak to people, hang around the guides office.

Have a great trip.

R
 Drew52 22 May 2015
In reply to bogpetre:

we always head out in september, its the best time to go i reckon, with less idiots around. you can tag a long with us if you want? drop me an email closer to the time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...